Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Thepretti1
Thepretti1 began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Unhappy How to get kindle books into calibre?

Moderator Notice
Notice to Viewers - Start at post #3

Hello how is everyone? Good I hope�������� the nature of the post is how do you work calibre on a android phone? So far, i downloaded the app to my phone so I can get some books off my kindle and so far i just got the app... but I haven't been able to get anything over to the calibre app please help. Thank you soooo much ������������������������������

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-24-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Thepretti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepretti1 View Post
Hello how is everyone? Good I hope�������� the nature of the post is how do you work calibre on a android phone? So far, i downloaded the app to my phone so I can get some books off my kindle and so far i just got the app... but I haven't been able to get anything over to the calibre app please help. Thank you soooo much ������������������������������
What exactly did you download onto your android phone and form where - if Calibre Companion from Google's Play Store you're in the wrong place. You need to be here ==>> Calibre Companion

Calibre itself is a desktop package that runs on Windows, MacOS, or Linux. Calibre Companion is an Android/IOS adjunct to that software - i.e. it needs access to a 'calibre library' on a desktop.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:25 PM   #3
Thepretti1
Thepretti1 began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Thank you for responding back i had downloaded the demo app just to check it out and so far nothing. How do you get your kindle books to want to go to calibre?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200123191858.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	176620  
Thepretti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Thepretti1 - I moved your posts into a new thread.

If you google for "How to get kindle books into calibre?" you'll find a wealth of information.

AFAIK most people do it from their desktop/laptops where they have calibre installed, in essence they use the Kindle to PC/Mac software from Amazon to get the books onto their computer and then they add them to their calibre libraries. But in practice I think its more complicated than that.

I don't buy anything from Amazon.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-24-2020 at 12:10 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:13 AM   #5
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepretti1 View Post
Thank you for responding back i had downloaded the demo app just to check it out and so far nothing. How do you get your kindle books to want to go to calibre?
That's Calibre Companion, not Calibre itself. You need to install Calibre on your desktop/laptop (there's no Calibre for Android) and add your Kindle books there. Then you sync Calibre Companion on your phone with Calibre, to get the books to your phone.

Last edited by Sirtel; 01-24-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(RIP), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
I have Kindle4PC (the older 1.26 that I DON'T UPDATE) installed on Windows PC.

I copy the book format file from My Kindle Content folder into my Intake Library and let Alf's tools do their thing. (We may be pushing MR rules here with this much discussion. Go visit Alf's place for more)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote