Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
All Kindle Readers on Sale

As of this morning at about 4:40 AM PST Amazon s having a $80 off sale on the Kindle Oasis reader. I ordered the 32 GB, no advertising version with WiFi and free cellular communications, in other words the top of the line model.

A quick peek indicates that ALL the Kindle readers are on sale at the moment though as usual with Amazon, who knows for how long. These are shown also on the Black Friday listing so prices should be good for a couple of days at least.

Last edited by Richwood; 11-28-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added Info
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Prime Members get 10% back on amount charged to an Amazon Prime credit card. I am so resisting the urge to get the Kindle Fire 10 right now.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I was going to get the Kobo Forma, but with this HUGE sale price I purchased the Kobo Oasis, gold color, with 32-gigs. I also picked up a red Moko cover.

I may change the Oasis to the 8-gig model. Not certain. Audio books are a 'mmmfffffff' addition for me -- Not that there's anything wrong with that for those who enjoy the addition of audiobooks. Me: Give me a book!

I have a Kobo Aura One and love it, BUT I also have a Kindle Voyage. And the Voyage (for me!) has the better screen. I figure - again, for me! - that the Oasis will be a BIT closer to my beloved Kindle Voyage.

So....should I change it to the 8-gig? Your postings here will be held in strict confidence!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-28-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I was going to get the Kobo Forma, but with this HUGE sale price I purchased the Kobo Oasis, gold color, with 32-gigs. I also picked up a red Moko cover.

I may change the Oasis to the 8-gig model. Not certain. Audio books are a 'mmmfffffff' addition for me -- Not that there's anything wrong with that for those who enjoy the addition of audiobooks. Me: Give me a book!

I have a Kobo Aura One and love it, BUT I also have a Kindle Voyage. And the Voyage (for me!) has the better screen. I figure - again, for me! - that the Oasis will be a BIT closer to my beloved Kindle Voyage.

So....should I change it to the 8-gig? Your postings here will be held in strict confidence!
I have had the O2 and now the latest one with 8gig. I don't listen to audiobooks often, but I have used it on the O2 before. I had 2 audiobooks on it at the same time and still a bunch of books. I mean I can only listen to one audiobook at the same time anyway. But since it doesn't have speakers, I had to connect to to some and either my headphones were always non charged, or i was in the wrong room to use the speaker I needed. So for the here and there audiobook 8gig is plenty. It drains the battery quite a bit anyway.

I prefer reading the words still best. Its hard for me to get into audiobooks. But I think for a heavy listener, a phone or tablet might be more useful. And on a fire for example, you can do the reading and listening at the same time. You can't do that on the Oasis. Its either or.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:

Same exact boat. Need Kobo to fire up the drama by putting the Forma on sale too.

Seriously though, this sale is so tempting. It allows me to stay within the Amazon ebook world. I really appreciate being able to put my Paperwhite on airplane mode and continuing to read overdue library books (it sounds a little more complicated to do it on Kobos). It also allows me to sync with my PW so I can use it on the go and keep the Oasis at home.

The biggest sticking point is that the 7in screen isn't enough of a real estate upgrade for me. I've tried it a few times at my local Amazon store and each time, I haven't felt the screen was big enough. But that was also with the price at $250...maybe it's big enough for $175.

How long will this deal last? At least until Friday right? That will give me a chance to go to the store tomorrow and give it one more test drive.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changed the order to the black 8-gig model.

(Gold is not available for the 8-gig model.)
Old 11-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I traded in an old model (the first "touch") and got additional 25% off the new 8 gig Oasis. Very nice deal. Glad I didn't cave for the older gen. Thanks.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Yes, go with an 8GB Kobo. The software is better then the Oasis.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:15 PM   #9
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And at least the "All-New Kindle" and Paperwhite seem to be on sale on bestbuy.com right now, for what it's worth.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
And at least the "All-New Kindle" and Paperwhite seem to be on sale on bestbuy.com right now, for what it's worth.
Someone should write a Who's on First style dialog between a customer who bought an "All-New Kindle" N years ago and amazon customer support. An audio compilation of actual such conversations would likely be even better.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #11
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Yeah, Amazon's naming conventions are awful.
How many "all new kindles" have there been by now?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:41 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, go with an 8GB Kobo. The software is better then the Oasis.
Jon! You never told me you had a sense of humor! (And after all these years.)

Seriously, though: I absolutely love Kobo's software. Now if they could just remove the 'Panel of Pain' / 'Light of Fright' on the Forma, then I will more than likely add that device to my reading arsenal.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-28-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Yeah, Amazon's naming conventions are awful.
How many "all new kindles" have there been by now?

English may not be his/her native language.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like the Kindle Oasis 3 that I bought has now gone back to its regular price of about $75 more ($250.).

YIKES!
Old 01-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #15
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
The Paperwhite 4 and basic are now on sale again. $85 and $59...
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle reader sale!