Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
jpzldoer
jpzldoer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire hd
Angry Please Help! Sending book to Kindle app via calibre

I have looked everywhere I can find, but am not very computer savy. I am using Calibre 4.10 ( I think) and I want to use the MOBI format and send books to a Kindle App on my Samsung galaxy TabA. The program does not let me specify where the book will go. It just allows me to send to the Main storage.I used to be able to send it and I could then see it in Kindle app. Now I can only find it it The cc folder, When I open the internal storage. I can then copy and paste it to the Kindle Folder. What can I do to have it go directly where I want it to go. I have a Nook app, and that doesn't work either.
jpzldoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First Q:
How are you sending?
Via CC's wireless device connection?
or
Save to Disk (CC is not running)?

You configure Where each format should go (other than the CC default) IN CC.
BTW AZW3 is a better format for use with the Kindle app on a Tab A

If you are using Calibre WITHOUT CC running, you need to code the explicit path (this part) into the template (with the device connected: right-click the Device View in Calibre: configure this device. There may be 2 views. use the one for main or SD as needed)
Code:
This PC\Galaxy Tab A\Tablet\kindle\{authors}-{title}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
jpzldoer

I send to devise using a USB cable, I have no idea how it goes to Calibre Companion File on my TabA. It just does. I will try to do what you recommend and let you know if it worked TY for the reply
Old 10-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
jpzldoer

I think I did what you recommended , but still doesn't work. What happened that I just can have it send and be there like it used too?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
jpzldoer

All of a sudden it's working again! Thanks, I think it took a reboot to now have your suggestion work.