Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #1741
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks...that solved the problem.

I had been through that a long time ago and had set gmail to accept 'less secure' apps. How it changed I do not know as I did not intentionally change it. Anyway, it is now working

COPS also still relies on an 'older' module in python. When QNAP does a firmware update, it often messes up my install of python in opkg. Then I get the error trying to run COPS:

Code:
ImportError: No module named CGIHTTPServer
It seems the module CGIHTTPServer that COPS calls has been gone from the newer releases of python for some time. When a new QNAP firmware update messes with the opkg package, I have to reinstall it, then install the default version of python under opkg. That has always got me back to 'normal' in COPS.

So, I keep trying the new COPS versions, hoping against hope that he has updated to the newer python modules. So far, no cigar...

Again, thanks for checking that! That feature is very popular with many of my COPS users as they prefer the ease of simply having the ebook show up in their Kindle or Kindle compatible device through the Amazon send-to-email account setup.

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #1742
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
As far as I know (but correct me if I'm wrong) COPS does not list Python as a dependency.

The module CGIHTTPServer does exist in Python 2.7 that is deprecated in the latest linux releases

This might be a problem in the future.

Maybe that's why my LAN server still runs Debian Jessie (8) instead of the latest and greatest. However COPS still runs fine on Debian Buster (10). So I'm not to worried yet.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #1743
MontyJ
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
As far as I know (but correct me if I'm wrong) COPS does not list Python as a dependency.

The module CGIHTTPServer does exist in Python 2.7 that is deprecated in the latest linux releases

This might be a problem in the future.

Maybe that's why my LAN server still runs Debian Jessie (8) instead of the latest and greatest. However COPS still runs fine on Debian Buster (10). So I'm not to worried yet.

My bad...I use two packages, COPS and Ubooquity for user access to various media. Since COPS does not handle audio book, music, and wallpaper image files, I use Uboo for those. It is Uboo that has the python dependency, not COPS.

Thanks for that correction!
Old 10-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #1744
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

...... but .... isn't Ubooquity(.jar) java? Not Python?.....

I have Ubooquity installed, It's nice, but I don't use it much.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #1745
MontyJ
Addict

Question

Quote:
...... but .... isn't Ubooquity(.jar) java? Not Python?.....

I have Ubooquity installed, It's nice, but I don't use it much.
Yep, you are right! While the problem surfaces using both those 2 programs, it is the ddns web service I use for both of them that is the problem. Here is the shell script that makes the call to start COPS:
Code:
python /share/Web/cops111/pagekite.py --daemonize --optfile=/share/Web/cops111/pagekite.rc mywebsite.pagekite.me
So its the 'pagekite.py' that depends on that (apparently outdated) python module. I have been using Entware-ng 0.97 for years, but now that old version doesn't work on QNAP anymore and the new replacements simply won't work on my NAS. The normal "opkg" command returns a "command not found". I am on the QNAP forum with this issue but so far no joy.

Anyway, assuming I can't budge the Pagekite developer off his seeming refusal to get up to date with python2 and python3 modules, does anyone here have any experience with using a ddns service with COPS on Linux? Pagekite's script eliminates any port forwarding issues altogether, so setup and configuration in the QNAP is straight forward as the above startup script shows.

Anyone have experience with something similar? I pay a few bucks a month for Pagekite as a 'donation', and it has been worth it for many years, but I am looking for something that isn't hung up on an old python module, LoL.

Thanks for any tips!

monty
Old 03-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #1746
stefanak
stefanak began at the beginning.

Hello folks!

A have a quick question: is there a way to switch between case sensitive / case insensitive search in COPS?
stefanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #1747
mariosipad
Guru

@stefanak

The only setting in COPS (that I am aware of) is (in config_local.php):
Code:
    /*
     * WARNING NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION USE
     * Make the search better (don't care about diacritics, uppercase should work on Cyrillic) but slower.
     * 1 : Yes (enable)
     * 0 : No
     */
    $config ['cops_normalized_search'] = "0";
You can try, but in my experience COPS search is not case sensitive.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #1748
stefanak

Quote:
@stefanak

The only setting in COPS (that I am aware of) is (in config_local.php):
Code:
    /*
     * WARNING NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION USE
     * Make the search better (don't care about diacritics, uppercase should work on Cyrillic) but slower.
     * 1 : Yes (enable)
     * 0 : No
     */
    $config ['cops_normalized_search'] = "0";
You can try, but in my experience COPS search is not case sensitive.
COPS search IS case sensitive by default and I would like to turn it off.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #1749
mariosipad
Guru

Interesting.......

I'm running cops with apache on Windows 10 and Debian Linux and I get the same search results whether I search for "Francis" or "francis" or "FRANCIS". (When searching for Francis.)

I used Firefox as browser.

Can you give an example where this does not work for you?

Last edited by mariosipad; 03-06-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #1750
stefanak

I'm using COPS on Synology NAS Webstation (Apache). The COPS configuration is the default one, except the localization and library directory. BUT, there is difference between linux, Linux and LINUX - I get different corresponding results???
Old 03-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #1751
mariosipad
Guru

What localization have you set?

I have not set it.

It’s the only relevant COPS difference between our setups I can think of.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:29 PM   #1752
stefanak

Quote:
What localization have you set?

I have not set it.

It’s the only relevant COPS difference between our setups I can think of.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and replies. The problem was in the results in Cyrillic. But now everything is fine and is working properly.
I suppose it was my mistake by the configuration files.
Thanks
Old 08-23-2020, 05:09 AM   #1753
arineko
arineko began at the beginning.

I am moving to a new Synology NAS and the first thing I wanted to move was my COPS library.
I wanted to avoid the Synocommunity package because it is an older version. I also wanted to use Apache 4.4 and PHP 7.3, so I:
  • Installed webstation, Apache 4.4 and PHP 7.3
  • Customised the open_basedir folder
  • Copied my calibre libraries and assigned permissions (read for HTTP group)
  • Extracted the latest COPS package to a subdirectory of the web folder and replaced the config_default.php and config_local.php with the one from my old installation (the path are the same on the new NAS)
The result is that I have access to the first level of the libray (for example, I can browse the author list), but when I attempt to see the list of books it start searching and I never get a result. The same if I search for a word. I see the list of authors/tags containing the words, but not the list of books.
checkconfig.php doesn't give me any error

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
arineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:31 AM   #1754
arineko
arineko began at the beginning.

I seem to have found the solution: there are some difference in the config_default.php, so I rebuilt it from the sample in the distribution.
I don't know which differences are meaningful (is it critical that quoted text use a different kind of quote?), but now everything works
arineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:08 AM   #1755
AquaWide
AquaWide began at the beginning.

Salut,
Merci pour Cops, ça fonctionne parfaitement et je l'utilise depuis plusieurs années (version 1.0.1).
Une petite question quand même, j'arrive à 100.000 ebooks et l'affichage de certaines pages est très long, y a t-il une astuce pour l’accélérer ?
Merci

GoogleTrad

Hello,
Thanks for Cops, it works perfectly and I have been using it for several years (version 1.0.1).
A small question anyway, I get to 100,000 ebooks and the display of some pages is very long, is there a trick to speed it up?
Thank you
AquaWide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology