Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Help with a template

I have a custom column with decimal numbers for the book grade.
I would like to make a column that depends on it to tell me if all the data in the book is complete, if the decimal column has the column heading "V. Decimal" and the query name # gr1.
What should the template be like?
I tried with program: test (select (field ('V. Decimal'), '<> "0"'), 'Yes', '')
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	179639  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:38 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not sure what you are doing. But, I can see some errors.

Firstly, you don't refer to a column by the column heading. You need the lookup name. For a custom column, this will always start with a "#".

Then, "select" only works on identifier type columns. That means the value you are checking needs to have a ":" in it. Unless you are formatting the decimal with a colon instead of a dot, which I don't know how to do Or is the column a string that just happens to have a number?

And the second parameter of "select" is the id name. So, basically what is to the left of the colon.

If the column is actually a number, then the following might work (with your column's lookup name):

Code:
program:
raw_field(list_item(field('#mm_progress'),1,'.'),0,'','Yes','')
Which I really don't like. Because I am treating the number as a list using a dot as the separator, taking the second element and then comparing it to zero. It seems to work, but I don't like it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Davidfor
The column has a decimal number separated by ","
I have made replacements to his formula with my names and he doesn't seem to like it.
program:
raw_field (list_item (field ('# gr1'), 1, ','), 0, '', 'Yes', '')
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	122
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	179646   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	122
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	179647  
Old 06-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hi Davidfor
The column has a decimal number separated by ","
I have made replacements to his formula with my names and he doesn't seem to like it.
program:
raw_field (list_item (field ('# gr1'), 1, ','), 0, '', 'Yes', '')
I assume the comma is a locale thing. But, there shouldn't be a space after the "#".

If that isn't it, is there an error message?
Old 06-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #5
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I assume the comma is a locale thing. But, there shouldn't be a space after the "#".

If that isn't it, is there an error message?
Hello Davidfor The space appeared in the message when writing the code, in calibre it is not.
I leave screenshot with the error it gives.
Thank you !!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	117
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	179668   Click image for larger version

Views:	103
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	179669  

Last edited by dunhill; 06-03-2020 at 06:50 AM.
Advert
Old 06-03-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, that was my mistake. What posted before was wrong. The first function should be "cmp", not "raw_field". I have no idea how I did that.

It should have been:

Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(field('#gr1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','')
The alternative is:
Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(raw_field('#gr1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','')
The possible advantage of that is that the value of #gr1 doesn't go through any formatting specified for the column. Though I don't know if the decimal point will be locale specific, so it could be a comma or a dot.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
The possible advantage of that is that the value of #gr1 doesn't go through any formatting specified for the column. Though I don't know if the decimal point will be locale specific, so it could be a comma or a dot.
If the numbers come formatted with commas instead of dots then you might want to use raw_list instead of raw_field. That way you can choose an alternate separator, for example a colon.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #8
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Sorry, that was my mistake. What posted before was wrong. The first function should be "cmp", not "raw_field". I have no idea how I did that.

It should have been:

Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(field('#gr1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','')
The alternative is:
Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(raw_field('#gr1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','')

Davidfor!
We are close the two codes work half, let's say
I don't know why because the "V. Decimal" column has no format or code. I leave catches.
If the column has a value it is ok to put yes.
And it is expected that if it is empty it will put No but yes.
I don't want to be annoying, if you can't. I forget about those settings. Thank you very much for your time and for the prompt responses.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	127
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	179702   Click image for larger version

Views:	104
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	179703   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	103
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	179704   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	104
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	179705  
Old 06-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Davidfor!
We are close the two codes work half, let's say
I don't know why because the "V. Decimal" column has no format or code. I leave catches.
The use of comma or dot is a locale thing. Australia and I think most English speaking countries use a dot with the comma as the thousands separator. And from memory, most European use a comma for the decimals and spaces for the thousands.
Quote:
If the column has a value it is ok to put yes.
And it is expected that if it is empty it will put No but yes.
I don't want to be annoying, if you can't. I forget about those settings. Thank you very much for your time and for the prompt responses.
My quick and dirty cheat is to return a value that triggers the appropriate response if the column is empty.

Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(ifempty(field('#gr1'),'0,1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','');
That should work assuming I changed from my test version to yours properly.

@chaley: I tried the raw_list, but, it gave me the error "is not a list".
Old 06-04-2020, 02:43 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Ahh, you are right. Looking at the first post, #gr1 is a floating point number. Sorry about the noise.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #11
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
The use of comma or dot is a locale thing. Australia and I think most English speaking countries use a dot with the comma as the thousands separator. And from memory, most European use a comma for the decimals and spaces for the thousands.

My quick and dirty cheat is to return a value that triggers the appropriate response if the column is empty.

Code:
program:
cmp(list_item(ifempty(field('#gr1'),'0,1'),1,','),0,'','Yes','');
That should work assuming I changed from my test version to yours properly.

Yes now!!!! Genius thank you very much !!!
Thanks also to @chaley for the suggestions