Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #661
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Version

Attached is the previously posted test version with debug output removed and version number incremented.

If some kind mod would put it in the OP for release, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Done. I noted the changelog had not been updated
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #662
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Done. I noted the changelog had not been updated
Next time remove the attachment from the 'fixers' post

Change log update done

Anyone know what happened to version Version 1.5.23

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2020, 07:03 PM   #663
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Anyone know what happened to version Version 1.5.23
v1.5.23 was a test version. v1.5.24 removes the debug output.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #664
KittyNin
KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Can someone explain how to get the plugin to see newly installed fonts? I see some other people had issues with it, but I don't actually quite understand what they did to fix it.

I'm on windows 10, the fonts are installed on my machine, but they don't show up in the list when I go to choose a font. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.
KittyNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #665
KittyNin
KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.KittyNin is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Actually, I figured out what was meant in post 637 and have fixed it. I didn't realize there were more options for the metadata generate cover button available by right-clicking. I can confirm that the following steps work to get new fonts to show up in the plugin:

- Right click on a book, hover 'edit metadata', click 'edit metadata individually'
- Under change cover, right-click on 'generate cover'
- Click 'customize the styles and colors of the generated cover'
- Click on the 'Fonts and Sizes' tab
- Click next to 'Title Font Family' where it says either 'choose font family' or the title of a font
- At the bottom right of the new window that comes up, click 'add fonts'
- Select the font files you want to use (should be .ttf or .otf file suffix)
-Click 'Open'. You should get a confirmation message.
- It does work to ctrl+click or shift+click to add multiple files at once.
- Close the metadate window, open the plugin, and the new fonts should be available.
KittyNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #666
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure whose bug this is. In calibre's preferences, Look & Feel I had changed the Interface Font to Trebuchet MS 10pt and bold, and then when running Generate Cover it would also bold the author's name on the generated cover. It may have also bolded the title but it was already a very bold font so I couldn't tell. For the author font I'm using Gabriola, 36pt.

Generate Cover, version 1.5.24, Calibre, version 4.17, 64 bit.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #667
theoddpassenger
theoddpassenger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra H20
Is there a way to get the plugin to use the interpreted Normal View rather than the HTML source when putting the comments/summary on the cover? I've found that I *can* use the Cleaning Comments plugin to strip the HTML and then use it but that breaks my ability to call the Generate Cover plugin from FanFicFare since I need to run that other plugin in-between :/
theoddpassenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #668
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddpassenger View Post
Is there a way to get the plugin to use the interpreted Normal View rather than the HTML source when putting the comments/summary on the cover?
Have you tried using FFF's setting to strip HTML from comments?

Code:
## If set false, the summary will have all html stripped.
## Both this and include_images must be true to get images in the
## summary.
keep_summary_html:false
Also, you can strip html tags in GC by using this for custom text:
Code:
{comments:re(<[^>]+>, )}
Although it does behave a bit oddly for me--The code for that gets corrupted when you go to edit it again, becoming {comments:re(]+>, )} instead.

So if you set it once and just leave it, it works. But if you want to change it later, you have to put the whole thing in again.

I suspect that's an issue with Qt's edit box stripping what it thinks are tags? It also strips if I put in <> by it self. Not sure what to do about that, honestly. I'll investigate and see if I can fix it properly.

Neither of those will preserve line breaks in comments like Cleaning Comments will, unfortunately. Might be doable in the GC regexp.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #669
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test Version

This test version fixes the issue discussed in my last post about losing <> patterns that should be preserved.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not.

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-18-2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Remove beta
Old 06-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #670
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Nobody's complained, so I'm going to assume this works.

If some kind Mod would put the previously posted zip in the first post to release it, I'd appreciate it. Version number is already incremented.

Change log:

2020-06-12
- GC: custom text setText() instead of setHtml()
Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #671
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done

BR
Old 06-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #672
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyNin View Post
Can someone explain how to get the plugin to see newly installed fonts? I see some other people had issues with it, but I don't actually quite understand what they did to fix it.

I'm on windows 10, the fonts are installed on my machine, but they don't show up in the list when I go to choose a font. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.
In Windows 10, there are more than one way to install fonts. The "traditional" way, now known as "install for all users", copies the fonts to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and requires user privileges elevation (that is, it triggers UAC). Since that's an annoyance in, say, corporate environments in which end-users do not have admin rights and do not want to have to call IT to send a tech just to install a font, Win10 now defaults (if you right-click and select just "install" instead of "install for all users") to installing to your user profile. Fonts you get from the Windows Store also apparently get installed to your profile.

Thing is, many programs (and I think that includes the Generate Cover plugin) don't really support this newfangled fonts-in-the-user-profile thing and know only to look in the general Windows font repository. That's probably why you can't see all your fonts. The only real remedy is to reinstall those fonts for "all users." (You might want to uninstall them first, so you don't end up with duplicate files taking room in your disk)

A separate issue is that the Generate Cover plugin does not handle font variants well. In many cases, you might have several weights of the font installed, but Generate Cover will list only one or two. This has to do with the way fonts are organized into typefaces and families. It's a bit technical, but essentially, it depends on whether the font supplier registered, say, "myniftyfont bold" as a variant weight of "myniftyfont" or a separate font with a similar name. In the first case, you will only see whatever variant Windows considers the "main" one, and hide the others. There's no workaround I'm aware of, other than uninstalling all the variants of the typeface except the one you want to use.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #673
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
This plugin will have python 3 support
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #674
theoddpassenger
theoddpassenger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Test Version

This test version fixes the issue discussed in my last post about losing <> patterns that should be preserved.

Please let me know if this version works for you or not.
I just suddenly remembered that I left a comment about this and after testing, yes this works! Thank you so much.
theoddpassenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #675
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
This plugin will have python 3 support
See the List of PIs to be ported to Python 3 sticky Ψ³

BR