Old 03-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #16
webwizard
webwizard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
In file __init__.py change line 197:
Code:
results = root.xpath('//h2/a [@class="l"]')
to
Code:
results = root.xpath('//h3[@class="r"]/a')
Yep, it worked.

I was just wondering if there's a way to set custom metadata as well via plugin. I added a custom field named "titolo originale" (original title) and I'd like to set it through the plugin.

Anybody knows if it's possible ?

Thanks
webwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwizard View Post
I was just wondering if there's a way to set custom metadata as well via plugin. I added a custom field named "titolo originale" (original title) and I'd like to set it through the plugin.

Anybody knows if it's possible ?
Yes, although this can not be done in one step.

Step 1: Download original title and add it to comment.
Step 2: Copy (or move) original title from comment to a custom column "original title".

In the same way I did it in the plugin "LubimyCzytac" + "LCmover".
Look here (the first two posts): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282922
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #18
webwizard

Quote:
Yes, although this can not be done in one step.

Step 1: Download original title and add it to comment.
Step 2: Copy (or move) original title from comment to a custom column "original title".

In the same way I did it in the plugin "LubimyCzytac" + "LCmover".
Look here (the first two posts): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282922
I'll look into it. It will take time, 'cause I'm still learning Python, let alone writing a plugin...

In the meantime, many thanks...
Old 06-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #19
stragnagn
stragnagn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The plugin doesn't work anymore, as webwizard stated.

No results even is the query is correct and if I try to use the query URL manually, i.e.:

https://www.google.com/search?as_sit...ri+Alan+Nourse

I've tried to make the correction suggested by BeckyEbook in post #15 but nothing changed.

Will someone please help?

Thanks.

Last edited by stragnagn; 06-26-2018 at 02:09 AM. Reason: notifications
stragnagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #20
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works.
title: I Mercenari
author: Alan Nourse

and fetch metadata.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:31 AM   #21
stragnagn

Quote:
It works.
title: I Mercenari
author: Alan Nourse

and fetch metadata.
Thanks for your answer.

However even if I've got the same book, the plug-in does not work for me. Here is a screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1530084561.png
Views:	413
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	164683

And this is the details given by Calibre:

calibre, version 3.21.0
ERRORE: Nessuna corrispondenza trovata: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Alan Nourse'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'I Mercenari'}
Using plugins: MondoUrania (0, 2, 1)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** MondoUrania (0, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from MondoUrania took 0.44456410408
Querying: http://www.google.com/custom?as_site...ri+Alan+Nourse
title: i mercenari - Mondourania
url: []
Plugin MondoUrania failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run
self.plugin.identify(self.log, self.rq, self.abort, **self.kwargs)
File "calibre_plugins.MondoUrania.__init__", line 154, in identify
File "calibre_plugins.MondoUrania.__init__", line 238, in _parse_search_results
IndexError: list index out of range

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 0.60 seconds
The longest time (0.444564) was taken by: MondoUrania
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

Could you please help?

Thanks.

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-27-2018 at 03:54 AM. Reason: move image to MR
Old 06-27-2018, 03:51 AM   #22
BeckyEbook
Guru

Works for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MondoUrania.zip (8.7 KB, 312 views)
Old 06-27-2018, 04:04 AM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@stragnagn - please read the Posting Guidelines, in particular the item 9, which you violated.

If you upload screenshots to MR as attachments, they will be shown as thumbnails after the post text, or you can place them inline by selecting them from the Advance Mode paper clip drop down.

Thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:20 AM   #24
stragnagn

Thanks again Becky.

I've installed your zip file but nothing changed: no item found (log below).

This could be something related to different Google HTML results given for different countries?

I do not know how to debug more.

calibre, version 3.21.0
ERRORE: Nessuna corrispondenza trovata: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

{u'authors': [u'Alan Nourse'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'I Mercenari'}
Using plugins: MondoUrania (0, 2, 1)

****************************** MondoUrania (0, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from MondoUrania took 0.886838197708
Querying: http://www.google.com/custom?as_site...ri+Alan+Nourse
Plugin MondoUrania failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run
self.plugin.identify(self.log, self.rq, self.abort, **self.kwargs)
File "calibre_plugins.MondoUrania.__init__", line 140, in identify
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
return self._mech_open(url, data, visit=False, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
raise response
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.00 seconds
The longest time (0.886838) was taken by: MondoUrania
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Old 06-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #25
BeckyEbook
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stragnagn View Post
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable
I have no idea.
Google unavailable?
Try several times at different hours.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #26
webwizard

Actually it could be a temporary problem with Google. I tried the query string and the result was OK:

1 risultato (0,21 secondi)
Risultati di ricerca
i mercenari - Mondourania
http://www.mondourania.com/urania/u8.../urania873.htm
1 feb 1981 - ALAN E. NOURSE ... venduto il proprio corpo al Centro, i mercenari della medicina perdono ogni diritto: sono diventati cavie da esperimenti.
Al fine di visualizzare i risultati più pertinenti, sono state omesse alcune voci molto simili alle 1 già visualizzate.
Se vuoi, puoi ripetere la ricerca includendo i risultati omessi.

Alcuni risultati possono essere stati rimossi nell'ambito della normativa europea sulla protezione dei dati. Ulteriori informazioni...

...and so on.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #27
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Made a new update 2.2 .
Thx toBeckyEbook
Available at the start of this thread

I cannot duplicate the error stragnagn has mentioned.
The link in his post produces the right webpage.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:45 AM   #28
Waylander63
Waylander63 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Kindle PPW
Plugin not working

Hello there,

My very first post in this forum as I'm looking for help.
With the lockdown, I've resumed maintenance of my Calibre library which has been neglected for a long time.
This plugin used to be one of the most useful as I own a lot of this series.
Now, apparently, the plugin is consistently unable to find results, regardless of the title and despite the source site layout hasn't changed AFAIK.

I'm not so phyton-wise to debug it by myself, however, I volunteer for testing or whatever I can do to help.

Thanks in advance for any support.
Waylander

Below an actual example of the log.

{u'identifiers': {u'customidentifier': u'URANIA 707'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Condominium', u'authors': [u'J. G. Ballard']}
Using plugins: MondoUrania (0, 2, 2), Google (1, 0, 1), Amazon.com (1, 2, 12)

****************************** MondoUrania (0, 2, 2) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from MondoUrania took 5.64699983597
Querying: http://www.google.com/custom?as_site...minium+Ballard
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors
Querying: http://www.google.com/custom?as_site...minium+Ballard
No matches found with query: u'http://www.google.com/custom?as_sitesearch=mondourania.com&hl=it&q=Condo minium+Ballard'
Waylander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #29
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander63 View Post
Hello there,

This plugin used to be one of the most useful as I own a lot of this series.
Now, apparently, the plugin is consistently unable to find results, regardless of the title and despite the source site layout hasn't changed AFAIK.

{u'identifiers': {u'customidentifier': u'URANIA 707'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Condominium', u'authors': [u'J. G. Ballard']}
Hi, sorry for the late rrsponse, it's due to the corona.
I made quick fix, but did not test it through and through.
I expected more difficulties because the plugin was from july 2018. And that would be a long periode without any changes. But it seems to work after a small change in the code.

So give it a try, test it and enjoy.
Update 0.2.3 available at the start of this thread.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 06-03-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #30
Waylander63
Waylander63 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Kindle PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Hi, sorry for the late rrsponse, it's due to the corona.
I made quick fix, but did not test it through and through.
I expected more difficulties because the plugin was from july 2018. And that would be a long periode without any changes. But it seems to work after a small change in the code.

So give it a try, test it and enjoy.
Update 0.2.3 available at the start of this thread.
Thank you!
Just tested and works like a charm.
Really appreciated!

Stay safe!
Waylander
Waylander63 is offline   Reply With Quote