Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #31
tjesp
tjesp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Basic Lux 2
Does this ring a bell to anybody?:

Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 thomas thomas 226310195 Apr 15 2009 Engelsk.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 thomas thomas 61754368 Apr 15 2009 Engelsk.gdb
It's from a commercial windows dictionary application (Gyldendal's).
tjesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:16 AM   #32
nick_harwitt
nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Hi all,

I tried to get a dutch-to-english (or dutch-to-german) dictionary yesterday in .dic format. It took me all day to fail While I did manage to get an XDXF file (from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/ maybe?), I couldn't convert it afterwards. I tried pyglossary (on MacOS 10.11), but I couldn't get it to run properly, the resulting .dic file was not recognised by my e-reader.

Is this still the place to ask for help ?
nick_harwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2020, 05:44 AM   #33
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_harwitt View Post
Hi all,

I tried to get a dutch-to-english (or dutch-to-german) dictionary yesterday in .dic format. It took me all day to fail While I did manage to get an XDXF file (from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/ maybe?), I couldn't convert it afterwards. I tried pyglossary (on MacOS 10.11), but I couldn't get it to run properly, the resulting .dic file was not recognised by my e-reader.

Is this still the place to ask for help ?
Did you try the Windows program from post #3?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #34
nick_harwitt
nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.nick_harwitt is no e-book dilettante.

Unfortunately I use a mac. I did try to run PocketBook's .exe dictionary format converter through the WineBottler app, but that didn't work either.

I couldn't find a .pbi version either, the only dictionary I could find was in epub format -- so close, and yet so far.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #35
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
A small but free dutch-english dictionary can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gtongu...t-dictionaries

A recommended reading on technical background:
http://zderadicka.eu/convert-diction...-ebook-reader/
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #36
nick_harwitt

Thank you for the links and instructions!

Unfortunately, Wine doesn't seem to help. I launch it (via "Wine my_dict.xdxf eng") and then nothing happens.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #37
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
try
Code:
wine converter.exe my_dict.xdxf eng
from the directory where converter and dicy.xdxf reside otherwise prefix the paths.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #38
nick_harwitt

Ah, sorry I wasn't clear. The dictionary and converter.exe are all located in the current directory.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #39
nick_harwitt

Good news: after a lot of trying around and frustration, I finally got it to work! (I didn't define an proper "morphemes.txt", so there may be surprises in the dictionary.)

Thank you Markismus and eMole for your help

--
For the curious: Instead of launching converter.exe from the Mac terminal using Wine, I use Wine to access a Windows terminal and launch the converter from there.

Last edited by nick_harwitt; 06-19-2020 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Improving typography
Old 06-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #40
victorandrei
victorandrei began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad 3
please

please somebody convert this dictionary to .dic format , I have tried all day long all kind of softwares mentioned here on the forum but any of them worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fycsdf...rdict.zip/file
victorandrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #41
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Used Linguae to export it to xdxf, then converted with the official PB converter (converter.exe dict.xdxf eng), no problem. Did not try it on device.
It's a big one and I'm not sure about copyright stuff so I won't upload the dic file, but yes, it's was easy to make a quick conversion. Might need some tweaking.
Platform used was Windows 10. Converter's date is from 2018.02.25.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #42
victorandrei
victorandrei began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad 3
I tried all day with oficial pb converter, tryed more versioms not just once but still not working.
And dont worry about copyright, dexonline released alot of oficial versions for free but unfortunately without the .dic file

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-26-2020 at 04:15 AM.
victorandrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #43
firewalker
firewalker began at the beginning.

Device: PB740 (InkPad 3)
Hello I recently bought a PB740. Unfortunately it doesn't include an English-Greek dictionary.

Ia have found a Boabylon one (BGL extension). Can it be convert to the binary dic format the reader needs? I am attaching the file.

I managed to convert it to stardict format, but then I got lost with the perl script and the convert.exe files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Babylon_English_Greek.zip (1.89 MB, 309 views)
firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #44
firewalker
firewalker began at the beginning.

Device: PB740 (InkPad 3)
I managed to convert it but it doesn't seem to work. It always says "Translation not found".
Attached Files
File Type: zip English-Greek.dic.zip (1.25 MB, 341 views)
firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #45
lplazas
lplazas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
Hi guys, first of all thanks for sharing all your knowledge around this topic. I've used the dictionary below in the past and I'm trying to get it into my new pocketbook. I'm not really tech savvy so I must say I'm lost at reading through must of the things discussed in this thread. I would appreciate your help guiding me on how to convert this dictionary to .dic (I'm a mac user if it helps). TIA

http://download.huzheng.org/bigdict/...-2.4.2.tar.bz2
lplazas is offline   Reply With Quote