Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 11:12 PM   #811
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberttf View Post
Two new formats!!
Support of two new formats: CBR and CBZ. This addition makes it possible to read
comic books.
It is good that support for CBR and CBZ comes by default now, but it has been possible to read these formats for many years with the following: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162852
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #812
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiwuwei View Post
I followed the instructions of Lykke(many thanks for them) and installed the new firmware from pocketbook on my Inkpad 3 that I ordered from https://www.decitre.fr/liseuses/lise...152095542.html
I do not understand why they would remove chess and Sudoku which I play occasionally. Also, I guess as many others, I am not too keen on some of these commercial interfaces.

But now, my Inkpad has been set free into the matrix.

Lykke, I thank you for the instructions and my Inkpad 3 seems to be working well for the moment being. Maybe I will read some Knausgård. Love live e-readers.
Hi,
When you apply the PB Firmware on a Vilvlio Inkpad 3, do you keep your "Le Nouveau Littré" dictionary ?

Thanks
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #813
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Hello,
So, I ask to everybody: do wee keep the original "Nouveau Littré" disctionary when you apply the Pocket Book firmware on a Vivlio Inkpad 3 ?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2020, 05:29 AM   #814
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Normally it shouldn't but as previously posted and unanswered.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:30 AM   #815
tropoy
Enthusiast

A mystery until someone try to do it.
I admit I'm a bit affraid ...

Thanks
Old 02-05-2020, 03:54 AM   #816
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See here for backup of the dictionaries.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:05 AM   #817
tropoy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
See here for backup of the dictionaries.
Thanks, I'll try in a Linux system.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #818
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Thanks, I'll try in a Linux system.
Not necessary for this.
Install on the device PBTerm (search for it) and root for PB:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325185
Install root, only step 1 is necessary.
Open PBTerm and write:
Code:
/mnt/secure/su /bin/tar cf - /mnt/secure/* | gzip -c - > /mnt/ext1/secure.tar.gz
After about 30s you should have secure.tar.gz file on your Pocketbooks internal memory, which should include all the dictionaries.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #819
tropoy
Enthusiast

Quote:
After about 30s you should have secure.tar.gz file on your Pocketbooks internal memory, which should include all the dictionaries.
Oh it seems easyer indeed.
Thanks
Old 02-17-2020, 01:09 AM   #820
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Oh it seems easyer indeed.
Thanks
Did it work? Feedback is allways appreciated.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #821
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
One of the big complaint which I have about needed firmware change is improvement in device responsiveness when device is in library listing mode. Loading of books (titles and cover photos) is very slow, actions after touch input are very slow, even if you have just a few books in any particular folder.

In that regard, Koreader app is way better, just app is very buggy and we (users) are constantly contributing to solve all problems (mosty freezing on Inkpad 3). Big thanks to all app developers and contributors!
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:31 AM   #822
tropoy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Did it work? Feedback is allways appreciated.
Hi,
Not yet tried, but maybe soon...
I'll make a feedback if it's tehe case.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:28 AM   #823
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New firmware for PB Touch Lux 4 ver.6.0
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f....1118_user.zip
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:48 AM   #824
Pokec
Pokec began at the beginning.

Device: PB628 Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post
New firmware for PB Touch Lux 4 ver.6.0
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f....1118_user.zip
Thanks.

Release Notes 6.0.1118 here

Core changes
1. New style of UI design of all applications. All the applications received a completely new user interface. Notifications, the control panel and the status bar were redesigned, too.
2. Updated design of the Main Menu: In addition to the books available and recently read, the main menu will now display a list of recommended literature (bestsellers, new ones, book of the week) as long as it is connected to the PocketBook Store. Besides, users can now customize the Home screen interface by adding icons of the apps needed as well as enabling or disabling the book recommendations.
3. New design of the applications panel. The applications are now grouped, so it is more easy to find them in the list.
4. Firmware 6.0 rethinks and simplifies the authorization system: Now, users can log into PocketBook Cloud, PocketBook Store, Send-to-PocketBook and ReadRate services using a single account. Moreover,users now have the option to log into the personal account via smartphone in the PocketBook app by scanning a QR code.
5. Revision of the Setup Wizard services making it easier and more user-friendly by adding explanations and removing some steps.
6. New design of the Book Card for the Library application and the Reading program. The new design provides more user-friendly UI for reviewing the books’ metadata.
7. Flight mode added.
8. Improved performance: faster exit from sleep mode, faster touch panel response, faster and smoother handwriting.
Pokec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #825
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I wonder if older devices are considered for this 6.x update.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote