Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 08:34 PM   #421
Wharton
Wharton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK. I now have everything loaded. This is a general library question. I now have all my books from Amazon onto Calibre. I downloaded them all from my Kindle and they are all Amazon books. I am missing many book covers so I ran the entire library through the book cover metadata update(every option checked except Chinese) and very few book covers appeared. What am I doing wrong?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #422
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(Get) Covers need to match the Identifiers AND you need sources enabled for those (languages). Looking at Amazon US will not find Amazon Chinese.

Configure The Amazon Metadata PI to use the property country

Another PI I love for picking covers (drag and drop into metadata editor/ details pane, when you find one) is the Search The Internet Plugin
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #423
Wharton

Thanks
Old 05-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #424
Wharton

OK. I am making progress. Drag and drop works great! Do I need to do each book individually or can I do this in one pass?

New Question: Is there a way to search for all my books that don't have a cover? I haven't located this yet so I assume user error.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #425
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
OK. I am making progress. Drag and drop works great! Do I need to do each book individually or can I do this in one pass?

New Question: Is there a way to search for all my books that don't have a cover? I haven't located this yet so I assume user error.
Try searching for cover:false in the search box.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #426
Wharton

Ah, that is what I couldn't find. Thanks so much.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #427
Wharton

How can I blank out a field en masse? I thought "" would do it but when I do that in Edit Metadata the "" is entered into the field. The word "unknown" keeps appearing even though I have blank fields when I created the entry. When I search on a title it shows up as "unknown Pride and Prejudice" and I just want the title.

So close, yet so far...............
Old 05-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #428
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
How can I blank out a field en masse? I thought "" would do it but when I do that in Edit Metadata the "" is entered into the field. The word "unknown" keeps appearing even though I have blank fields when I created the entry. When I search on a title it shows up as "unknown Pride and Prejudice" and I just want the title.

So close, yet so far...............
Certain fields are not permitted to be blank (or start with a blank): Title, Author (there may be more) will be set to Unknown

The only other thing that comes to mind is you are searching on a calculated field where that condition was triggered

Just make the field empty (delete contents or enter -1000000 if numeric and no empty button is alongside)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #429
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See the above post for a better answer.

Last edited by capink; 05-25-2020 at 10:22 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #430
Wharton

OK. I am done batting my had against the wall. Thanks
Old 05-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #431
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
<snip>

Just make the field empty (delete contents or enter -1000000 if numeric and no empty button is alongside)
To make an integer or floating point number Undefined/Empty enter a space (' '), for a date enter a hyphen ('-'), to set a date to Now enter an equals ('=').

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #432
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Three things:

Is there any chance of allowing the author and/or titles to be pointed elsewhere? As long as the columns match the format for author/title?

I use the plugin to import my Goodreads .csv (export library .csv) and the Goodreads book titles are much different from the edited Calibre titles. This makes the import take forever (I have some 3500 books in Goodreads). I created a "Goodreads Title" column and have been copying it to the title column when trying to import.

This takes a while to do, and requires me to copy from the original Calibre title to a holding title column, and the Goodreads title to the Calibre title, and then back after the import. Each time I do this it requires Calibre to totally change my library. If I could just point the title in the list to the title column I have set up, I could avoid doing this. Same for the Authors.

Also, is there a way of setting the plugin to NOT exclude special characters? "&", and "." is being dropped and it causes some of my titles/authors to not match.

Finally, it would be great if the plugin could have a feature that would remember matches. I am finding that the same books are having to be manually matched up each and every time (thus the reason why I have that Goodreads Title/Authors columns).

Thanks, and I love the plugin otherwise!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:13 PM   #433
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Python3 support

I have added python3 support to this plugin. It was tested on 3.44 and 4.99.5 and it seems to work. My programming knowledge is very basic, so it would help if someone more experienced can review this and release it.

There is a file inside the zip packages called python3support.txt that describes the changes done to the plugin.

Last edited by capink; 06-30-2020 at 08:11 AM. Reason: removing attachment
Old 06-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #434
capink
Wizard

I made some modifications to the plugin, in case anyone is interested:

- FIX: If a csv file has an empty value in a cell that corresponds to a numerical value in calibre, a type error was raised. Now you can have empty values in place of numbers.
- ADDED: Added an option to match books by using identifiers (isbn .... etc) instead of title/author match.
- Added a scrollbar to the columns to import area.

Everything seems to be working except a minor annoyance with the scrollarea not shrinking with content (attached pictures help explain the problem). I hope someone can look at the code and maybe help with fixing the problem.

@Rellwood: I think the new option to match books by identifiers can solve your problems. Give it try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	155
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	179911   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	145
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	179912  

Last edited by capink; 06-17-2020 at 04:31 AM. Reason: new version with fixes in the next post
Old 06-17-2020, 04:33 AM   #435
capink
Wizard

This is — hopefully — my last update to the plugin:

- FIX: problem in the previous version when changing between two saved settings not correctly setting the match method.
- FIX: "Columns to import" scroll area is now dynamically resized based on contents.

It is now up to plugin maintainer(s) to decide what to include from the python3 and other modifications.

Last edited by capink; 06-30-2020 at 08:10 AM. Reason: removing attachment

Tags
column types