Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2020, 02:06 AM   #1
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
MemoryError

Brand new forma out of the box, I added books then got this error after books loaded and metadata was being updated (this is where the error came up. I then ejected the device, retarted it. The forma then started back up with the new introduction/customize screen as if starting it for the first time (wifi setup/log into account etc) I went through the process again as I did initially did. Then a adding books screen came up and when it was done no books where on the device only empty collections of the books that had been transferred originally.

I restored to factory defaults and did the whole process all of again and restarted calibre added books and it again same thing happened except this time when I restarted the forma and plugged it back in to sync it to calibre after 15 min of reading books on device it also came back with the same error. What I have tried is to change USB cables, USB port, did 1 book, did 50 books, over 2k books. I did a windows error checking on the forma (no errors)
My question is this a DUD and I should send it back or is there something else going on between calibre and the forma and maybe KoboUtilities?

Thanks for an information you might have.
crissman

calibre, version 4.15.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2019, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 459, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 457, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 136, in encode_to_file
File "json\__init__.py", line 251, in dumps
File "json\encoder.py", line 210, in encode
MemoryError
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, forma, memorerror