Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
damien18
damien18 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin 3 (iPadOS)
Content Server: Series info missing when adding book(s) to Marvin 3

I'm running the latest version of Calibre (4.12) on Windows 10, and the latest version Marvin 3 (v3.1.2 build 34) on iPadOS v13.3.

I have noticed recently that sometimes (but not all the time), when I add books to Marvin 3 via Calibre's Content Server, the Series Name and Series Number in Marvin are missing, and must then be entered in manually. I have seen this occur when adding a single book, and when adding multiple books.

I had not ever seen this issue before updating from Calibre v4.9 to v4.12, so it appears it may have been introduced to Calibre in v4.10 or after, as there have been no recent updates to Marvin 3.

Can this be looked into?
damien18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien18 View Post
I'm running the latest version of Calibre (4.12) on Windows 10, and the latest version Marvin 3 (v3.1.2 build 34) on iPadOS v13.3.

I have noticed recently that sometimes (but not all the time), when I add books to Marvin 3 via Calibre's Content Server, the Series Name and Series Number in Marvin are missing, and must then be entered in manually. I have seen this occur when adding a single book, and when adding multiple books.

I had not ever seen this issue before updating from Calibre v4.9 to v4.12, so it appears it may have been introduced to Calibre in v4.10 or after, as there have been no recent updates to Marvin 3.

Can this be looked into?
First let me say that I'm neither an Apple nor a Marvin user, but one area for you to investigate is whether the epubs you're having problems with are EPUB3 format. Marvin wouldn't be the only mobile app which only recognises Series in EPUB2 format books and hasn't yet been updated to recognise EPUB3.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
damien18
damien18 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin 3 (iPadOS)
Thanks for the info. Do you know of an easy way to tell whether a file is in EPUB2 or EPUB3 format?
damien18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:02 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien18 View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you know of an easy way to tell whether a file is in EPUB2 or EPUB3 format?
Open the book in the Editor.
Line 2 of the embedded OPF will say
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" version="2.0" unique-identifier="uuid_id">
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, content server, marvin 3, series