Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #1966
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm very sorry for your loss, Blossom.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #1967
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For my precious sister who is now resting in peace. For 51 years she defied medical odds over and over. Last night she had a massive heart attack and passed. Her birthday was Monday.

My last moments with my sister were tragic. I never want to feel that helpless again.

Go rest high on that mountain, sis. I love you.

Sent from my XT1528
My condolences Blossom. Losing family is always hard.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #1968
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
So sorry for your loss Blossom. May she rest in peace.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #1969
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Blossom. You've reported a lot of her struggles in the past year. Huggs to you and your Mom.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #1970
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry to hear this, Blossom. My thoughts are with your sister's family and friends.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #1971
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
So very sorry, Blossom. I hope you and your hubby and Mom can take comfort in each other.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #1972
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
So sorry Blossom. Sending hugs your way.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #1973
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
So sorry for your loss, Blossom.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #1974
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
So sorry for your loss Blossom. May your sister rest in peace. Will remember you, and your family in my prayers.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #1975
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you everyone it's been very hard that last few days. My sister did not have life insurance. So we are having to raise funds for her burial. A relative stepped in and offered their plot. Another relative gave a down payment so they could go get her body from the hospital and start the process. The Funeral is Thursday. We have relatives coming out of state and even another country. I started a GoFundMe and a local burial fund for my sister the money is slowly coming in. The funeral home cut us a break so it's 5100 total for everything which I'm told is a really good deal.

It's been very difficult mostly because my hubby is having a hard time dealing with my sister's passing. He's gone from Depressive to Hypomanic to a mix in-between. It's the worst I've seen. You think it was his sister. Yes I know it's due to the condition he's struggling with but it's added stress I don't need when trying to plan a funeral, make sure mom's okay and he's in bed not able to function or acting out at me then he feels guilty and wants to be consoled. Right now we just had another talk about my sister's passing and he's quiet. I'm trying to keep one foot in front of the other. I'll have time to process all that's happened after my sister is laid to rest. I'll probably need to talk to someone professional about her passing because it was not peaceable and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Right now I'm blocking it. There will be plenty time later to work through it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #1976
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Blossom, I'm terrible sorry for your loss and the hard situation at this moment. May your sister rest in peace.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #1977
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family, Blossom.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #1978
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
My condolences Blossom.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #1979
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thank you everyone it's been very hard that last few days. My sister did not have life insurance. So we are having to raise funds for her burial. A relative stepped in and offered their plot. Another relative gave a down payment so they could go get her body from the hospital and start the process. The Funeral is Thursday. We have relatives coming out of state and even another country. I started a GoFundMe and a local burial fund for my sister the money is slowly coming in. The funeral home cut us a break so it's 5100 total for everything which I'm told is a really good deal.

It's been very difficult mostly because my hubby is having a hard time dealing with my sister's passing. He's gone from Depressive to Hypomanic to a mix in-between. It's the worst I've seen. You think it was his sister. Yes I know it's due to the condition he's struggling with but it's added stress I don't need when trying to plan a funeral, make sure mom's okay and he's in bed not able to function or acting out at me then he feels guilty and wants to be consoled. Right now we just had another talk about my sister's passing and he's quiet. I'm trying to keep one foot in front of the other. I'll have time to process all that's happened after my sister is laid to rest. I'll probably need to talk to someone professional about her passing because it was not peaceable and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Right now I'm blocking it. There will be plenty time later to work through it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I know that times like these are stressful first hand and my mom had some insurance that covered things for her final expenses. Add in your husband's reactions and I'm sure it must be overwhelming at times. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #1980
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you. The funeral was Thursday and on Friday mom fell and is in the hospital. I'm working with hospital social services to get mom into a skilled nursing facility for rehabilitation then permanent residency.

Hubby has been amazing. He snapped out of it and has been absolutely amazing with support with my mom and with everything.

No time to mourn yet. I got to get mom situated and currently looking for a place for my sister's dogs ASAP. There's no one to take care of them.

On top of that my pinky toe injury from 2012 has flared up from being on my feet so much. So I'm on crutches. I've been at the hospital the last three days. Today is the first day I've had to do phone calls at home.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote