Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
MD123
MD123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-Book Survey (Research)

As part of my University project, I am in the process of creating a new innovation based around the concept of Ebooks and taking them to another level using a mixture of interactive elements.

If you are an Ebook reader and enjoy reading Ebooks, whether thats on the iPad, Kindle, Nook or any other device, it would be much appreciated if you could fill out this short survey.

Your support will be a huge part of my audience research. Many thanks in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5TKB8DT
MD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I took your survey, but I didn't think your list of genres was complete. Crime/Thrillers is not the same as Mystery, which is a large proportion of the books that I read.

Also, you left off the Apple iPod Touch from the devices list.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Heim
Zealot
Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I also took the survey. I hope it helps you. Good luck with your project.
Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Done!
cfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Do we get to see the results?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I just answered opposite of what I actually do. I have therefore singlehandedly derailed your Univ project and ruined your whole career.

I'll tip you an extra quarter when I see you at Dunkin Donuts.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Done - now where's my banana?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I tried, but it wouldn't accept my form. For what device I currently use you give a list of brands/models, but don't include my JetBook Lite. I can add that info in the "Other" field, but I cannot submit it without also checking one of the devices on your list -- which I don't use.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I tried, but it wouldn't accept my form. For what device I currently use you give a list of brands/models, but don't include my JetBook Lite. I can add that info in the "Other" field, but I cannot submit it without also checking one of the devices on your list -- which I don't use.
Same. There are some other issues with the survey, also, and with your original post (What's your name? Which university?)

When you're doing real research, you need to pilot-test your survey and adjust it accordingly. Talk to your research supervisor.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
This is kaka. Another gleam in the eye.

"Interactive elements" is code for "We want to stuff shirts into your books and we'll take all the credit but none of the blame at the end".
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #11
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Exclamation "Other"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I tried, but it wouldn't accept my form. ... I can add that info in the "Other" field, but I cannot submit it without also checking one of the devices on your list -- which I don't use.
Ditto.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #12
Heim
Zealot
Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Done - now where's my banana?
*Gives you a grapefruit*

It's all I have.
Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:17 AM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My survey won't go through because of question 5. What device do you usually use when reading an Ebook? (Tick as many that apply).

My reader isn't one of the choices so I entered the reader name for Other. However, there's no box to tick for "Other" so I'm guessing that's why it keeps bouncing it back saying I didn't answer that question. The filled in response apparently isn't enough.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #14
SouthernSun
Connoisseur
SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.SouthernSun can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I just answered opposite of what I actually do. I have therefore singlehandedly derailed your Univ project and ruined your whole career.

I'll tip you an extra quarter when I see you at Dunkin Donuts.
This is just a plain nasty thing to say and to do. This person could be a freshman, this could be their first research project, and you're being a truly dreadful excuse for a human being. Way to go. Really, good job, captain internet. Do you feel better about yourself now that you've been a total prat to a kid trying to get a good grade?
SouthernSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Do we get to see the results?

They rarely (if ever?) report back.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

This member has one agenda only, and it is certainly not to become a member of our community.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook reader, ebook research, ebook survey, research