Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
... reading burnout is when you are reading so much that even though you are enjoying your books you just don't want to read anymore.
PKFFW
Extensively. I never experienced burnouts when so much is referred to hours, or pages.

Intensively. I experience the need for a reset if so much is referred to a very intense book. Last occurrence the Western trilogy of Cormac McCarthy. After each I had to wait that the metabolites would be flushed out from my system. I stayed away from reading for a while and then picked up few light things, before finding the appetite for more of the same intoxicating story telling.

Shipping news had a similar effect, and it does every time that I read it again.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Shipping News certainly a good one.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
@ Ea. Hi, up there on those soft clouds.

You got quite a good combination of numbers and esergum (script around coins, here over the picture)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EA.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	56324

Quite an exemple of Danish design! My compliments.

PS yesterday the umbrella, to day on top of the clouds. Beautiful
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #19
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
You just go do something else that you want to do for a while, and don't worry about it. You'll come back to it when you get the itch again.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm another who sometimes reads voraciously on a single series until burnout, but I've learned over the years to pace myself.

I have also suffered from overall reading burnout, because I've had jobs as a script reader and story judge, and also because I'm a writer, and I use the same part of my brain for reading and writing. (Long extended writing sessions can completely burn me out for reading.)

When I've got to get away from reading/writing, I can sometimes take a break by listening to music or if the burnout isn't too bad, watching movies. But usually I just have to throw myself into some practical hands on real life thing - like cleaning out the basement, or some major project at the day job.

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #21
David71
Enthusiast
David71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I tend to also listen to and play music quite a bit and I enjoy watching movies so I just indulge in either of those activities when I'm not in the mood for reading.

Physical activity will also do the trick. Working out or doing house or yard work usually makes sitting down to read a very nice alternative.
David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
This oughta fix you.

Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #23
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I regularly change what I read (romances to gory slasher books, etc), but I still do change my relaxation activity. It can be TV (True Blood or the news), compter, knitting (I am on track to complete 500 hours of charity knitting!) and reading. Reading should be my primary train activity, but I have been bringing my knitting bag. But I read every night before bed - usually an hour or two. Right now I am reading Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. Did you know she thinks she is an intellectual?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #24
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time, PKFFW. For me, it's extremely important to use my body as much as I use my mind. I recommend being active, which should complement your reading and invigorate both. It'll mix up your day a little big to go for a jog or play a sport you enjoy and then rest up with a book you've earned afterward. Getting lots of sleep helps too!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #25
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
...Right now I am reading Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. Did you know she thinks she is an intellectual?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #26
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who occasionally gets burnt out. I know once I burn off some excess energy and clear my head things will go back to normal.

Usually I change up what I'm reading but every now and then I think I just get burnt out by too much reading regardless of what it is I am reading. Like now, I'm loving the book I'm currently reading but the thought of actually sitting down and reading anything at all just doesn't interest me. Maybe it's restless leg syndrome?

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #27
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I'm loving the book I'm currently reading but the thought of actually sitting down and reading anything at all just doesn't interest me. Maybe it's restless leg syndrome?
I read on my feet a lot. I'll lean on the counter or pace the room. I spend so much time sitting, I really feel better when I do that. (I also often move my laptop into the kitchen and work standing at the counter, too.)

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote