Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
nook app on ipad

hi i just got an ipad today, and i love it! the thing is all my ebooks are on my nook color. if i get the nook app for ipad, will my books sync to the ipad? hopefully i dont have to redownload.

there are 77 views, and not one answer. is there anyone that knows?

Last edited by jadine37; 02-06-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: wanted to add to post.
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
shiffy
shiffy doesn't littershiffy doesn't litter

Device: DR800SG
Assuming the e-books are from Barnes and Noble, and not sideloaded, they should sync as long as you use the same account information.
shiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Zero
Zero began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle
As shiffy says, if you bought it from BN (and not sideloaded), they will appear on your ipad with a little green tag on it that says "download". So it shows up on the list, but you do have to re-download it onto your ipad.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
thank you, there arent sideloaded, you dont think i should have to pay again? scion told me to hit the sync tab and then download nook app on ipad.
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Was looking for other info and ran onto this. You probably already figured this out, but for someone doing a search on the subject, figured I'd answer your last question.

NO, you do not have to pay again. Once you pay for the books (no matter the store), they are stored in your acct and can be downloaded repeatedly at your convenience.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Stupid 3G link. Just froze & never came back to show post complete. Tried again, since I didn't want to lose what I had typed. Otherwise, it's really cool to be searching for info on Mobileread using my brand new iPad 3G while traveling from Medford to Seattle. (iPad, not iPad 2, courtesy of Best Buy price drop to clear inventory - and no sales tax in Oregon, Bwahahahaha.)

Last edited by eGeezer; 03-14-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Stupid 3G link. Just froze & never came back to show post complete. Tried again, since I didn't want to lose what I had typed. Otherwise, it's really cool to be searching for info on Mobileread using my brand new iPad 3G while traveling from Medford to Seattle. (iPad, not iPad 2, courtesy of Best Buy price drop to clear inventory - and no sales tax in Oregon, Bwahahahaha.)
Me too! I just got an iPad 1 after the $100 price drop and also purchased at Best Buy. 3G via AT&T in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is so awful that I opted for a Wifi only iPad. Besides, AT&T already gets too much of my money and provides terrible service (cellular, U-verse, etc.).
Old 03-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?

Well, in my case, the 3G was the primary consideration for a variety of reasons, but mainly cuz I was gonna get smart phone in April, anyway, and the iPad is really just a really big iPhone without the phone part. since I already have a perfectly good phone, and the iPad screen is more functional (for me) for all the other things one does with an iPhone, I decided it must be a sign (read "excuse") from the heavens when BB had the price reduction just as I was looking.