Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Android app that can scan barcodes and produce a list of ISBNs?

This is more "physical book management," so if this is the wrong section sorry.

I've been using Calibre to catalog my physical books. For now, I've just been carrying over a pile of books to my desk and manually typing in the ISBNs. Painfully slow process.

I just realized that I have an Android phone, so I could probably just use that to scan the barcodes and get a list of ISBNs. Then either I dump them into Add from ISBN or use the Import List plugin.

Does anybody have a suggestion for an app that can do this? Preferably free.

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:25 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've not tried any of the tools listed here but take a look at https://bookriot.com/home-library-apps/amp/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I tried Book Catalogue which is GPL and free (see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bookcatalogue ) and it seems to work quite nicely.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give that a try. Thank you!
Old 04-14-2021, 03:23 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

After testing a lot of different things, I have settled on Alfa ISBN Scanner. It's a little barebones but it produces a text list of ISBNs which you can email to yourself or dump in Dropbox/GDrive/OneDrive/etc.