Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
gameman
gameman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
Converting large book from azw3 to epub fails

I'm trying to convert a very large book (location 12080 on my Kindle). This is a collection of 8 books by an author. This conversion attempt went overnight and then failed. I downloaded the latest versionof Calibe and tried again. It now seems to be stuck at 47% after running 50 minutes. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Update: Still stuck at 47% after 85minutes
still at 47% after 4 hours. What's going on here. It's usually lightning fast with conversions.
Bill

Last edited by gameman; 12-14-2013 at 05:31 PM.
gameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameman View Post
I'm trying to convert a very large book (location 12080 on my Kindle). This is a collection of 8 books by an author. This conversion attempt went overnight and then failed. I downloaded the latest versionof Calibe and tried again. It now seems to be stuck at 47% after running 50 minutes. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Update: Still stuck at 47% after 85minutes
Bill
85 Minutes is nothing

Come back after 24 HOURS (or a crash)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
gameman
gameman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
still at 47% after 4 hours. What's going on here. It's usually lightning fast with conversions.
gameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@gameman - the conversion process is not linear, it proceeds in stages hence the progress percentage complete is updated in steps rather than progressively.

Just be patient - just because a 10K book takes 1 minute to convert doesn't mean that a 100K book will take 10 mins. It might, but it also might take all day and half the night too

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I have used the KindleUnPack plugin, to extract <KF8 to epub> the epub from a AZW3 without resorting to a conversion.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 12-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
I have used the KindleUnPack plugin, to extract <KF8 to epub> the epub from a AZW3 without resorting to a conversion.
This.. Well, mostly this.. I've had a couple of azw3 books that didn't end up very pretty with the unpack plugin, but for the most part it just works and is much faster than a conversion.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote