Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
MartyRoppelt
Author
MartyRoppelt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
MORTAL FOE - CHRISTIAN BASEBALL HORROR?

Don't let "Christian" turn you off - you won't likely hear this novel quoted in any sermon.

A journalism professor stumbles upon what he thinks is a curse on the Cleveland Indians. What he uncovers is something far more sinister and deadly...

Baseball season is starting (well, Spring Training). What better way to kick it off than with this ebook about a team curse? Especially now: through Saturday March 10, it's available on Smashword.com for half price! Enter code REW50, and own MORTAL FOE for only $1.50!

There's a lot more on my web site, www.martyroppelt.com. I hope you'll visit soon.

Click here for a YouTube clip of me reading a short excerpt from MORTAL FOE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FOE-COVER-15-quality-copy.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	83533  
MartyRoppelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRoppelt View Post
Don't let "Christian" turn you off...
So why call it that?

Is it Christian or not?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
MartyRoppelt
Author

Good question.

On my web site I posted this disclaimer, which might answer your question:

This novel is not typical of most Christian fiction in that it deals openly with the sins inherent in our lives, our society and culture. I make no judgements here; I have known many of these sins firsthand, and so am not casting any stones. I would not write anything I know our Father would not be proud of, but I found it necessary to depict -- with as little graphic detail as possible, and without glorifying them -- the sins the characters struggle against. Otherwise, there would be no realism, no struggle, no drama and no story.

If you want a better idea of what that means, check out my web site. You can read the first chapter there for free.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRoppelt View Post
Good question.

On my web site I posted this disclaimer, which might answer your question:

This novel is not typical of most Christian fiction in that it deals openly with the sins inherent in our lives, our society and culture. I make no judgements here; I have known many of these sins firsthand, and so am not casting any stones. I would not write anything I know our Father would not be proud of, but I found it necessary to depict -- with as little graphic detail as possible, and without glorifying them -- the sins the characters struggle against. Otherwise, there would be no realism, no struggle, no drama and no story.

If you want a better idea of what that means, check out my web site. You can read the first chapter there for free.
Thank you for that full and frank response
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thank you for that full and frank response
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
MartyRoppelt
Author

Sorry carpetmojo, I'm not sure what that means.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I was extremely amused by Bilbo's reply.

Unless he meant it...............

In which case
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
MartyRoppelt
Author

Just curious, carpetmojo. I assumed Bilbo was sincere. Why would you think otherwise? Did you think my answer was not "full and frank?" If not, why not? I'm not without a sense of humor, and enjoy a good joke, but I seem to be missing something here.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

For what it's worth, I was being sincere.

Sorry carpetmojo - I guess I'm not as sarcastic as you think