Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
richard_iii
Coder extrordinaire
richard_iii began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
keyboard woes

ok, so I have a nook color that was rooted with autorooter and all works well with one exception the keyboard. I have purchased both better keyboard 8 and smart keyboard but don't see either one in my my keyboard list, just gingerbread and multitouch. Any thoughts?
richard_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
EDIT: I originally answered as if you had cm7 instead of the original o/s.

I think the problem is that you need to have the keyboard file in /system directory. You will either need to use ADB and do it from a computer, or purchase and use "Root Explorer" on the NC. You also need to make sure the "permissions" are set correctly. This is easy to do w/ root explorer. more difficult with ADB - you will need to google that ...

Then you should be able to use Nook Color Tools to switch keyboards

Last edited by jasoraso; 06-13-2011 at 04:53 PM.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
richard_iii
Coder extrordinaire

I'll check it out. I do have root explorer so I guess it is just a matter of figuring out where the two keyboards apps were installed and moving them
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
richard_iii
Coder extrordinaire

Aha!

Found them in the /data/app folder. Moved them to system app and after a reboot they show up