Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Lancer Kind
Lancer Kind began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Cool Review about Kindle and Calibre, and how ebooks make you smarter faster

I've been using the Kindle and Calibre for a while now. In the review link beneath my signature, I point out Calibre doesn't support section breaks which messes up the layout and how ebook features make learning more effecient than regular books.

Cheers,
==>Lancer---

http://www.lancerkind.com/2010/10/17...marter-faster/

Last edited by Lancer Kind; 10-18-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: typeo and moved link to after signature per moderator's request
Lancer Kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I noticed how you described Calibre as
Quote:
[...] a free reader for the big three computer platforms[...]
which is just wrong. Calibre is an ebook management program that comes with a reading program, it's not a reading program per se.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
can anyone comment if they’ve purchased a book in the Kindle store and then viewed it with Calibre?)
You cannot unless you remove the DRM....
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps 'grok' a little grammer while you are at it
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Calibre is an ebook management program that comes with a reading program, it's not a reading program per se.
It is interesting that I've run into people who use it:
only as reading program,
only as a format converter,
only as an ebook database,
only to serve books to their phone via the internet, and
only to create ebooks from RSS feeds.

It reminds me of that story about the elephant and the 5 blind men.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
It is interesting that I've run into people who use it:
only as reading program,
only as a format converter,
only as an ebook database,
only to serve books to their phone via the internet, and
only to create ebooks from RSS feeds.

It reminds me of that story about the elephant and the 5 blind men.
Oh, okay, I'll shut up
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle