Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a bug. The listing for Kobo Aura One is not showing the latest firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a bug. The listing for Kobo Aura One is not showing the latest firmware.
No there isn't. The checks are run from your IP address. That means that Kobo does not offer the firmware version to you for any of the affiliates the site checks.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:57 AM   #63
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No there isn't. The checks are run from your IP address. That means that Kobo does not offer the firmware version to you for any of the affiliates the site checks.
It does offer the firmware 4.4.9349 for Aura ONE but it show as "AuraONE_4.4.9349" and not as "4.4.9349", and because of that it doesn't show it as a top pick.

Last edited by oren64; 05-20-2017 at 07:48 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #64
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It does offer the firmware 4.4.9349 for Aura ONE but it show as "AuraONE_4.4.9349" and not as "4.4.9349", and because of that it doesn't show it as a top pick.
Thanks, that's unusual. I'll fix that. Are any of the other ones doing that?

Also, I wish Kobo would keep it consistent instead of breaking my tool every few versions.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post

Also, I wish Kobo would keep it consistent instead of breaking my tool every few versions.
Thanks for the fix.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #66
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not that I see.

But I'm not sure about Kobo Aura 2, it show as FW 4.3.9084.
I see people have the black screen problem with Kobo Aura 2, so maybe Kobo stop supplying FW 4.4 for Kobo Aura 2.

Last edited by oren64; 05-24-2017 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Not that see.

But I'm a not sure about Kobo Aura 2, It show FW 4.3.9084.
I see people have the black screen problem with Kobo Aura 2, so maybe Kobo stop supplying for 4.4 Kobo Aura 2.
What surprises me is that 4.4.9349 has not been officially released to all Mark 6 devices. I wonder what Kobo is telling people to do who did manage to install the faulty firmware.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #68
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What surprises me is that 4.4.9349 has not been officially released to all Mark 6 devices. I wonder what Kobo is telling people to do who did manage to install the faulty firmware.
Probably that there is no reason to move to this firmware version if 4.4.9344 is installed and working. Kobo detected problems with firmware 4.4.9344 with the Aura ONE. This was due to a build problem. There are no code changes between 4.4.9344 and 4.4.9349.

There might also be a problem with the Aura Edition 2. That would explain why it doesn't appear to have 4.4.9344 available for it. Or Kobo might be being cautious while they check.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:34 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Probably that there is no reason to move to this firmware version if 4.4.9344 is installed and working. Kobo detected problems with firmware 4.4.9344 with the Aura ONE. This was due to a build problem. There are no code changes between 4.4.9344 and 4.4.9349.

There might also be a problem with the Aura Edition 2. That would explain why it doesn't appear to have 4.4.9344 available for it. Or Kobo might be being cautious while they check.
According to this thread, it seems someone has gotten the faulty firmware on an Aura Edition 2. So that's why I was wondering about the official release of 4.4.9349 for Mark 6 devices.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #70
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
According to this thread, it seems someone has gotten the faulty firmware on an Aura Edition 2. So that's why I was wondering about the official release of 4.4.9349 for Mark 6 devices.
And of course, that is why I made my comment about the Aura Edition 2. And I'd say that Kobo know about this now. If you look at what is being offered to the Aura Edition 2 from the site this thread is about, Kobo is only offering 4.3.8966 and 4.3.9084 firmware to the Aura Edition 2.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:51 AM   #71
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
And of course, that is why I made my comment about the Aura Edition 2. And I'd say that Kobo know about this now. If you look at what is being offered to the Aura Edition 2 from the site this thread is about, Kobo is only offering 4.3.8966 and 4.3.9084 firmware to the Aura Edition 2.
It is offering now the firmware 4.4.9349 for Aura Edition 2.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:47 AM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It is offering now the firmware 4.4.9349 for Aura Edition 2.
That doesn't surprise me
Old 09-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #73
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have rewritten KoboFirmware from scratch. It now has a cards view as well, it loads faster, and the filter works better. Please try it out and tell me if there any issues, or if you have any suggestions for improvement. Try out the new version here.

Also, do you think the ad I put in the top right is too distracting?

Last edited by geek1011; 09-23-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have rewritten KoboFirmware from scratch. It now has a cards view as well, it loads faster, and the filter works better. Please try it out and tell me if there any issues, or if you have any suggestions for improvement. Try out the new version here.

Also, do you think the ad I put in the top right is too distracting?
I like the new version. I especially like the BBCode generator.

As for the ad, it doesn't bother me.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #75
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I like the new version. I especially like the BBCode generator.

As for the ad, it doesn't bother me.
Thanks! Have you tested the filtering yet (especially linking to it)? I am still not completely sure how stable it is.

Tags
download, firmware, kobo