Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Lorenzoens will never learn this lesson
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrReset View Post
@lorenzoens
You can't discuss with Apple-Fanboys about Apple-Products. It is senseles.
You can say something doesn't work unless someone has actually seen that it doesn't work. Nobody has reported on how the iPad 3 screen is in sunlight. So why go on about it until after there is at least one reliable report?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
@lorenzoens
Sure you can. What would you like to talk about? Or we cn just make senseless posts.

Btw, my iPad 2 is shit in the sun. That's why I have my kindle. But we'll see how the iPad "3".
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
@lorenzoens
You can't discuss with Apple-Haters about Apple-products. It is senseless.

The pendulum swings both ways.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can say something doesn't work unless someone has actually seen that it doesn't work. Nobody has reported on how the iPad 3 screen is in sunlight. So why go on about it until after there is at least one reliable report?
Already answered: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can't discuss with Apple-Haters about Apple-products. It is senseless.

The pendulum swings both ways.

BOb
It's not any "hater" who faked the pictures in the spot
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
And these reporters saw the iPad 3 INDOORS!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Surprised no-one else has pointed this out, but in the same vein:
In the iPad 2 vs 3 iBooks comparison, the 'screenshot' on the left is not actually an iPad 1/2 iBooks image, it is a simulation based on scaling down the iPad 3 image.
I'm not sure that's the case (look at the bookmark symbol), but even if it were, why does it matter, as long as it's an accurate representation of the difference? (which IMO it is)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Well, I took a few minutes to watch this review. It wasn't made by Apple themselves, but it sounds like it.

As for the display itself, the video shows images/footage from Apple of the pad being used on the beach in bright daylight. Although the reviewer is holding one as she speaks, she is indoors. There is no review of the display in the daylight.

If it is as easily viewable as the pictures imply, it will be a big step forward. Of course I have my doubts but I will believe it when I see it, and good for Apple and users if it does.

Even if the display is easily viewable in bright daylight, e-ink displays will still have the advantages of vastly superior battery life and reduced eyestrain.

For now, I will sit on the wait-and-see side of the bench.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #39
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I'm not sure that's the case (look at the bookmark symbol), but even if it were, why does it matter, as long as it's an accurate representation of the difference? (which IMO it is)
It is the bookmark symbol that gives it away.
On an iPad 1 the bookmark has distinct horizontal lines, not the uniform grey that the example 'screenshot' has.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #40
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
It is the bookmark symbol that gives it away.
On an iPad 1 the bookmark has distinct horizontal lines, not the uniform grey that the example 'screenshot' has.
You didn't address my main point though. If the comparison accurately reflects the difference, why does it matter? I believe it to be a very accurate way of representing the real difference that the user will experience, so what's the problem?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #41
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You didn't address my main point though. If the comparison accurately reflects the difference, why does it matter? I believe it to be a very accurate way of representing the real difference that the user will experience, so what's the problem?
Shrug.
Do I think it is huge deal? No,
Do I think it is misleading, yes. I think it is clearly implied that these are screenshots of an iPad 2 and 3 for comparison, and they aren't.
It is, in the language of the title of the thread, a 'fake' screenshot.

Edit: It is also a little odd. They clearly have the ability to create real comparison screens, so why didn't they?

Last edited by murraypaul; 03-14-2012 at 06:03 PM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #42
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Maybe the took a queue from Verizon's iPad2 commercial. Since nobody complained about Big Red's false advertisement I guess they figured why not join them .

I think most of us know that watching any backlit screen in direct sunlight is painful and near impossible but there are many folks that don't.

Below is an iMore user's comment asking about the iPad2

Quote:
Ok, I am admittedly a complete tablet newbie and I’m considering the iPad, but I have a question about the commercial. Is the iPad really that easy to read in the sunlight at the beach? (more....)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
I'm speechless
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
We see a guy enjoying the incredibly crisp images of his new beautiful iGadget, on the beach, taking phot...Wait, what?! On the beach? In reality that display would be hardly readable, it'd appear from dark as coffee to almost unusable.
While I don't think an LCD screen will be that clear under direct sunlight, I do believe there was some mention in the keynote that the new iPad would have wider viewing angles, higher saturation and will fare better under the sun compared to the iPad 2. How much better? We'll know on Friday.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #45
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, fake, ipad, outdoor