Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
One thing I might be willing to do is to have the plugin (after the conversion is complete) automatically insert Sigil split markers in front of tags with certain user designatable attributes (hx tags of class "xxx" or just hx for that matter). Would that be useful to anyone?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
One thing I might be willing to do is to have the plugin (after the conversion is complete) automatically insert Sigil split markers in front of tags with certain user designatable attributes (hx tags of class "xxx" or just hx for that matter). Would that be useful to anyone?
Maybe... but...

I quite like the fact that the PI is 'just' a wrapper around Mammoth. If you start adding functionality beyond that then when something doesn't work I have to work out where the problem lies - the DOCX, my style mapping, Mammoth, or your added functionality? And suppose Mammoth were to add equivalent functionality . . . ?

Mammoth isn't my only source of monolithic xhtml epubs, and being what I am I want deal with similar issues consistently.

So, for me it's thanks, but no thanks

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I quite like the fact that the PI is 'just' a wrapper around Mammoth.
You and me both!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #49
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You and me both!
"Mission creep is not unique to Congress. It is endemic to all arms of the federal government...." Bruce Fein

To which one might add, "...and over enthusiastic software developers."

BR
Old 03-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #50
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I would concur with BetterRed. I think putting more weight on the plugin author (DiapDealer) would only increase entropy since it could lead to duplicate existing or planned Sigil features.

If the plugin gets extra features from the author (mamooth?), all the best, they're most welcome. If not, I think it makes more sense here to concentrate on providing more features to the main program, i.e. Sigil., like

- availability for Linux users (nearly done)
- breakdown report for group searches (I said that?)

and

Last edited by roger64; 03-30-2017 at 10:01 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #51
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Great plugin! Nice and clean code.

Would it be possible to have the option to add what's imported as a new .xhtml-file (keeping the current files)? Would save me quite some time (now I'm manually doing the merge via cut'n'paste between epubs, could also use the calibre-plugin but would prefer not using calibre at this stage).

Thanks!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Great plugin! Nice and clean code.

Would it be possible to have the option to add what's imported as a new .xhtml-file (keeping the current files)? Would save me quite some time (now I'm manually doing the merge via cut'n'paste between epubs, could also use the calibre-plugin but would prefer not using calibre at this stage).

Thanks!
It wouldn't be impossible, but it would need to be a completely different plugin. An Import Plugin, by its very definition, creates a brand-new epub.

I could possibly create an Edit Plugin that reuses this plugin's code to add docx files to existing epubs as new files, but I don't know how soon I could get around to it.

In the meantime, you could always use Sigil's Export/Save as (I forget, offhand, the exact terminology used when right-clicking on a file in Sigil's Book Browser) to save the xhtml file being imported to an external location. After which, you wouldn't even have to save the newly-created epub. Then you can import that xhtml file into an existing epub.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #53
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
It wouldn't be impossible, but it would need to be a completely different plugin. An Import Plugin, by its very definition, creates a brand-new epub.

I could possibly create an Edit Plugin that reuses this plugin's code to add docx files to existing epubs as new files, but I don't know how soon I could get around to it.

In the meantime, you could always use Sigil's Export/Save as (I forget, offhand, the exact terminology used when right-clicking on a file in Sigil's Book Browser) to save the xhtml file being imported to an external location. After which, you wouldn't even have to save the newly-created epub. Then you can import that xhtml file into an existing epub.
A search for 'merge epub files' should find a blog article that provides a blow-by-blow how-to tutorial for Sigil. As I recall its a bit convoluted.

BR
Old 04-08-2017, 03:45 AM   #54
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It doesn't seem to work on MacOS

Hi,
the plugin doesn't seem to work on MacOS. I am getting the error:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa" in "".
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Launcher process crashed.

I am using Sigil's bundled python 3.5.2 and have the recommended ActiveState tcl installed.

Do I have anything else missing?
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:41 AM   #55
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
IIRC, there were some Python issues with the latest macOS Sigil build. As a workaround try the following:
  1. Select Edit > Preferences > Preferences Location
  2. Locate plugin.py in the plugins/DOCXImport folder and open it with a text editor.
  3. Change line #59 from:

Code:
        supports_pyqt = (bk.launcher_version() >= 20170115)
    to

Code:
        supports_pyqt = (bk.launcher_version() >= 30170115)
This'll disable PyQt and should temporarily fix your problem. Note that the plugin might display a Python rocket icon in the dock that you might have to click to display the file selection dialog box.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-08-2017 at 04:47 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #56
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi Doitsu,
thank you indeed, that worked! (The python rocket didn't show up.)
CGF.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #57
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Wait. This is the first I've heard of PyQt in plugins failing on Macs. The only Python issue I'm aware of RE Sigil 0.9.8 was the issue that kept Sigil from running on Macs older than 12.12 (which Kevin fixed).If there's a missing platform plugin in the bundled Python on Macs, we'll need to look into it.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #58
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, if we are missing a Qt plugin on Mac OSX, I really need to know.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

After ensuring that the cocoa.dylib file is physically present in the 'platforms' directory of Sigil's Qt framework (and I have no doubt it is), it'll probably boil down to the bundled python executable (or PyQt5's QtWidgets module) looking at a system path for Qt's platform plugins rather than the bundled framework.

A qt.conf file in the bundled python executable's directory should quickly rule out that possibility (if dropping it in makes the problem go away). strace (if available on Macs) grepping should also reveal which locations are being searched for platform plugins when a pyqt5 plugin runs.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #60
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes libqcocoa.dylib is present and in the location the framework requires it to be in. Inside Sigil.app/Contents/Plugins.

Normally with framework builds, the relative location of Plugins within the app is set and if you stick with convention no qt.conf file is needed.

So something is funny.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote