Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #1561
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I did, and clicked on the link for the reFlower GUI for Mac, and then get a 404 Not Found page. I just saw there is another GUI for Mac, MacReFlower, I will try that. That link takes me the app's github page, which, hopefully, I don't need to understand code to use.
Sorry about the broken link. I fixed the links for Zandberg's GUI on my pages. I found an installer binary for it here and mirrored it on my site.

Last edited by willus; 06-26-2018 at 10:25 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:36 AM   #1562
Ronny0815
Ronny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five words

Device: kindle
k2pdfopt suddenly stops to work

Dear all,
until yesterday k2pdfopt worked great for years with Win 7, 8 and 10.
Since yesterday the programm stops while detecting orientation of source file. Then windows 10 closes the programm caused by an unknown error.
This happens with two different pc. So I can not convert a single file any more.
Who has got an idea the helps.
Thank you very much in advance.

Ronny
Ronny0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #1563
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny0815 View Post
Dear all,
until yesterday k2pdfopt worked great for years with Win 7, 8 and 10.
Since yesterday the programm stops while detecting orientation of source file. Then windows 10 closes the programm caused by an unknown error.
This happens with two different pc. So I can not convert a single file any more.
Who has got an idea the helps.
Thank you very much in advance.

Ronny
No such issue on my Win 10 x64 PC. I just tried a couple random files and they converted just fine. Can you send a screenshot of the fail and/or post one of the source files which fails to convert (and a screenshot of the GUI options)? Also, what country are you from? Have you tried re-downloading it just in case your binary got corrupted?

Last edited by willus; 06-30-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added two more questions.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #1564
Ronny0815
Ronny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five wordsRonny0815 can name that ebook in five words

Dear Villus,

Yes, I tried redownlowding all different versions.
I eclose 3 files:
GUI of the programm
error notice
source pdf
I am living in Germany and have Win 10 in German.
I hope you can find a solution.
Thanx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GUI.pdf (673.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: pdf 451 - H. G. Ewers - Perry Rhodan - 451 - Die falschen G÷tter.pdf (320.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: pdf Error.pdf (87.1 KB, 164 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #1565
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Ronny0815 -- Your PDF file appears to be entirely filled with binary zeroes and thus will not open correctly since it is not a valid PDF (see screenshot attached trying to open it with Adobe Reader). Did you attach the right file? Did you try opening it with your PDF reader?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adobe_pdf_open_error.png
Views:	199
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	164783  
Advert
Old 07-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #1566
Ronny0815

Dear Willus,
Indeed the source file was damaged. I never expected such an easy solution.
Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
Ronny
Old 07-14-2018, 09:22 AM   #1567
tigerjack89
tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle 6 WiFi
Hi everyone, I was trying to download k2pdfopt, but for any version I click on I get
"Capcha entry incorrect. Try Again."

I'm unable to download whatever version. Is there any alternative link?
Thanks in advance
tigerjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #1568
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerjack89 View Post
Hi everyone, I was trying to download k2pdfopt, but for any version I click on I get
"Capcha entry incorrect. Try Again."

I'm unable to download whatever version. Is there any alternative link?
Thanks in advance
I just tried a download from Firefox. Worked fine. You're filling out the Capcha value (see attached screen shot)? What version do you need? I can PM you a link.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	273
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	165035  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #1569
tigerjack89
tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tigerjack89 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle 6 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I just tried a download from Firefox. Worked fine. You're filling out the Capcha value (see attached screen shot)? What version do you need? I can PM you a link.
I'm an idiot, my dark theme prevented me to see the captcha field. Obviously now it works fine. Thanks a lot.
tigerjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:02 AM   #1570
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
thanks for this great program

I have issue with Re-flow text option can I specify white space width to warp/cut the words to new line because it cut single word to new line.

as in this :-

while the source:-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	644
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	165963   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	660
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	165964  
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #1571
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh2050 View Post
thanks for this great program

I have issue with Re-flow text option can I specify white space width to warp/cut the words to new line because it cut single word to new line...
The command-line option that controls where k2pdfopt breaks lines of text is -ws (word spacing). This is controlled from the MS Windows GUI with the "Smart line breaks" option (see attached graphic). You can experiment with different values until you get the best result. The spacings in your document may be problematic, though. It looks like there are places where the gaps between individual letters in a word are almost as large as the gaps between words. If that is the case, then k2pdfopt may sometimes break lines between letters in a word or think that one word is actually multiple words and separate out the letters in that word when justifying the text.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	214
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	165980  
Old 09-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #1572
Loyd
Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: none
Hello,

Thank you for this wonderfull program !
I have a KP3 and I try to read this arabic PDF (joined).

I used different settings till I get these arguments :

-as -r -om 0.12 -idpi -2 -gs -dev kp3 -gtr 0.2 -j 2+ -sm -col 1 -x

I just need to know if they are the most suitable for my PDF, or from you experience it could be best with others settings ?

Also I wonder how to increase the numbers of words per ligne without losing quality of the PDF ?

Great Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Abed-test.pdf (454.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: pdf Abed-test_k2opt.pdf (1.68 MB, 173 views)
Loyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #1573
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyd View Post
I have a KP3 and I try to read this arabic PDF (joined).

I used different settings till I get these arguments :

-as -r -om 0.12 -idpi -2 -gs -dev kp3 -gtr 0.2 -j 2+ -sm -col 1 -x

I just need to know if they are the most suitable for my PDF, or from you experience it could be best with others settings ?

Also I wonder how to increase the numbers of words per line without losing quality of the PDF ?
Here's what I came up with:

k2pdfopt -r -as -col 1 -m .2 -ac -sm -gtr .2 -de 1.5 -ehl 1 -mag 0.75 -dev kp3 abed.pdf

-idpi -2 is the default and is not necessary.
-m 0.2 will crop off the outer 0.2 inches of each page, where you have some scanning artifacts that need to be ignored.
-ac (autocrop) will also help remove scanning artifacts at the edges of the pages
-de 1.5 will ignore small defects (speckles) in the scans
-ehl 1 will remove some of the horizontal separators (if you don't want them)
-mag 0.75 will reduce the text size to 75% of the original so that more words fit on each line of the page

Once you get things how you want, you can remove -sm and k2pdfopt will run faster.

I've attached the example outputs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf abed_k2opt.pdf (1.16 MB, 171 views)
File Type: pdf abed_marked.pdf (2.09 MB, 180 views)
Old 09-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #1574
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
Thanks willus
it is very powerfull now I start to admire configuring Pdf with this app

Ihave issue with -bp 3 command is not adding 3 inch gap between pages
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	186
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	166015  
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #1575
Loyd
Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Loyd My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: none
Thank you very much willus for your suggestions.

The current output is beyond my expectations !
Very powerfull peace of soft. Congratulations !!
Loyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools