Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
chicagofilms
chicagofilms began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Images in PDF's get turned upside down

I'm converting a pdf to epub to use on my ipad.

The text comes out OK, but images that are in the book appear upside down. Is there a setting I'm missing?
chicagofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No this is a long standing bug in the pdf conversion library calibre uses. It is fixed in the new pdf engine, but I just dont have the time to complete that for the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
chicagofilms
chicagofilms began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I'm doing.

Take your time, we really appreciate your work.
chicagofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Is this still outstanding as it is happening to me now with v0.7.24 ?
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes .
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Quint
Quint doesn't litterQuint doesn't litter

Device: iPhone
I don't know if this is related, but images within a PDF I'm converting to EPub are in the wrong place. Eg images of formulas within PDF:

On conversion to EPub using Calibre 0.7.24:

Is this a known bug or should I raise a new one?
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
I don't know if this is related, but images within a PDF I'm converting to EPub are in the wrong place. Eg images of formulas within PDF:
Is this a known bug or should I raise a new one?
AFAICT from reading posts on this issue, it's not really a Calibre bug. The PDF conversion tools/library Calibre uses can't tell where the images are located relative to text. The Calibre philosophy is sort of - When it comes to PDFs, you get what the conversion library produces. I doubt that this is new. Possibly it will improve with some of the new PDF conversion routines under development (I don't know one way or the other).

Maybe Kovid will give a clearer comment.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Images in PDF will not stay with their text.