Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #3091
ahdemir81
ahdemir81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2. Ed
2 Problems with Koreader

I have a Kobo h2o 2e. I've set up the Koreader KFS 9. I'm having two problems. Can you help me?
1- When I download books via FTP, Koredaer does not read books.
2- I can not see Webdav Yandex subfolders.
ahdemir81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #3092
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could you clarify what you mean by 1?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #3093
ahdemir81
ahdemir81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2. Ed
The books I downloaded via FTP are not opened. The program says "This format is not overridden". But the Format is either PDF or Epub.
ahdemir81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #3094
Ron B.
Ron B. began at the beginning.

Device: Aura 132 Gb
Question Faster SD? Processor debug tool?

Noticed my old aura that bricked during update still gets seen by windows device handler briefly. Makes me wonder if there is an arm processor tool out there I could use to flash an OS on to it?

Noticed sometimes Koreader can load huge a SD directory fast and other times I have to take five while I wait for it.

Any partition support for SD cards?

was thinking sleep exit message could use a few more options like, when was sleep initiated , how long it was running, battery.
Ron B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:20 PM   #3095
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
to delete

Last edited by The_Immortal; 07-15-2019 at 12:49 AM.
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #3096
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
this author uses very long word combinations, with hyphen or slash. Hyphenation is active, but doesn't split the words
Spoiler:

serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #3097
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm assuming we don't hyphen on slashes, much like we didn't hyphen on em-dashes until very recently?

I'm not even sure we *should*, but at least that explains the rivers here .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:39 AM   #3098
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
There is not a single hyphen on the page. It seems to me that they are disabled by css on this book. Maybe you could try to enable them with style tweaks > text> allow hyphenation on all text. It would not change anything on the big slash word but the result should be better.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #3099
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Is possible to fine adjust margins, word gap, etc. editing some text file? Thanks
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #3100
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can look in insert_bookname.sdr/meta.lua and settings.reader.lua.

Make a backup in case you mess up the syntax.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #3101
pblasi
Enthusiast

I've learned how to set a default value by long pressing it. However, I don't know how to set a default font size of 25 in the bottom menu (which I reached using the fine tuning controls). I can only set default values for those sizes with icons in the screen (24 or 26). Is it possible to set defaults for fine tuned font size values? Thanks!

Last edited by pblasi; 08-31-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #3102
Frenzie
Wizard

It looks like that can't be done through the GUI. For the moment you can edit settings.reader.lua.

Make a backup first if you don't want to risk losing your settings if you make a mistake.

It'll be the line that says something like:

Code:
["copt_font_size"] = 22,
You can change it to anything, so also something even more finely tuned like 24.1. Not everything will result in a difference in pixels of course, but because the GUI was originally created for Kindles from 2012ish finer per-pixel details might potentially be lost on higher DPI devices.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:01 AM   #3103
pblasi
Enthusiast

Great, thanks!
Alternatively, I changed the list of font-size presets in defaults.lua (adding 25), then I can set it as default font size in GUI.
Will this changes in defaults.lua and/or settings.reader.lua keep after updating koreader?
Thanks
Old 09-01-2019, 04:25 AM   #3104
Frenzie
Wizard

defaults.lua? Well no, you'd have to use persistent.defaults.lua as it says on the first two lines here.

Settings will of course persist.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 AM   #3105
pblasi
Enthusiast

Thanks Frenzie.
Now I'd like to modify the contrast preset defaults, but I can not find the list of values in "defaults.lua". Where can I find it?
Thanks!