Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
JVGen
JVGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Covers Missing After MOBI USB Transfer to Kindle Paperwhite

I used Calibre to transfer MOBI files by USB to my Kindle Paperwhite. The cover images are missing from the book thumbnail. I found information about this issue on Calibre’s website, but the explanation indicates that this problem only occurs when books are transferred by email, and specially states that transferring by USB should result in the cover images being displayed properly.

Can anyone confirm that USB transfer is still expected to circumvent the cover image issue? Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!
JVGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
This thread discusses the issue https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329945

Last edited by georgemk; 05-12-2022 at 12:12 PM.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2022, 12:33 PM   #3
JVGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Thanks. Lots of information on that thread, but I found something that fixed for me:

Disconnect your kindle from the computer and then reconnect. My cover images were restored and stayed after disconnecting.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's in the FAQ: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
JVGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks! I did search the FAQ, but I found the following section and didn't expect to find a second section regarding the issue:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...droid-ipad-etc

If you have control of the Calibre FAQ, perhaps you can move your Q up in the list, as it appears to be the most updated information?

I do appreciate all your work on Calibre, and I'll be making a donation to support your work. Thanks for taking the time to make this software available to us and for offering support to those of us that struggle :P
Advert
Old 05-13-2022, 11:50 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sure, makes sense.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, calibre, mobi, paperwhite