Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #1861
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did you ever try Robin D Owens' Celta Tales series? They're a cross between a historical romance (in the culture) and fantasy (the world has magic/psy powers)...although the basic premise is that the people on Celta arrived on a spaceship 400 (Celtan) years earlier. It was originally listed as science-fiction romance, but the only science fiction in it is either in the past or the fact that one of the space ships remains in a park in the Celtan city of Druida.

These books are definitely romances first, and magic/fantasy/sci-fi second. I don't think they have the same richness as the Patricia Briggs or Nalini Singh books, but for whatever reason, they hooked me. I look forward to new releases every year.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #1862
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Look of Love is the first in the Sullivans series by Bella Andre. It is free right now at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055UZO9M
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...llivans-book-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
Chloe Peterson is having a bad night. A really bad night. And when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, she's convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true. Or is he?

As a successful photographer who frequently travels around the world, Chase Sullivan has his pick of beautiful women, and whenever he's home in San Francisco, one of his seven siblings is usually up for causing a little fun trouble. Chase thinks his life is great just as it is--until the night he finds Chloe and her totaled car on the side of the road in Napa Valley. Not only has he never met anyone so lovely, both inside and out, but he quickly realizes she has much bigger problems than her damaged car. Soon, he is willing to move mountains to love--and protect--her, but will she let him?

Chloe vows never to make the mistake of trusting a man again. Only, with every loving look Chase gives her--and every sinfully sweet caress--as the attraction between them sparks and sizzles, she can't help but wonder if she's met the only exception. And although Chase didn't realize his life was going to change forever in an instant, amazingly, he isn't the least bit interested in fighting that change. Instead, he's gearing up for a different fight altogether...for Chloe's heart.

THE LOOK OF LOVE is part of Bella Andre's New York Times and USA Today #1 bestselling series about The Sullivans. While it can easily be read as a stand-alone story, you'll likely enjoy reading the other books too.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #1863
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did you ever try Robin D Owens' Celta Tales series? They're a cross between a historical romance (in the culture) and fantasy (the world has magic/psy powers)...although the basic premise is that the people on Celta arrived on a spaceship 400 (Celtan) years earlier. It was originally listed as science-fiction romance, but the only science fiction in it is either in the past or the fact that one of the space ships remains in a park in the Celtan city of Druida.

These books are definitely romances first, and magic/fantasy/sci-fi second. I don't think they have the same richness as the Patricia Briggs or Nalini Singh books, but for whatever reason, they hooked me. I look forward to new releases every year.
SciFi is so not my thing or Fantasy really. I love Urban Fantasy though as long as it's not too dark. I prefer my paranormal to be set in the real world which is why I think I have a problem grasping Psy-Changlings series. I like Vampires, Shifters, Humans with Super powers set in normal earth with a few extra changes are okay as long as it's still feels like the world we live in. The Guild Hunter series is about as far I can go into Fantasy and still not feel like it's a whole different universe. The same with Harry Potter although it was set in it's own magical area it was still mingled with the real world.

Maybe one day I'll be able to come to love other worlds and science fiction beyond superheroes and J.D Robb but I am not there yet. Oh and SteamPunk I am not a fan of either. I've tried but it's just not for me.

I've read:
Guild Hunters series by Nalini Singh (Love it so much)
Loved At Stakes series by Kerrelyn Sparks (love it)
Chicagoland Vampires & spin Off (Love it)
Devil's Isle series by Chloe Neill (Love It)
Fever series by Karen Marie Morning (Love it)
NightWalkers series by Jacqueline Frank (Love it)
Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrain (Love it)

DNFs
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward (Didn't like it)
Immortals After Dark (Not for me)
Dark Ones by Katie MacAllister (Not For Me)
Elemental Assassins by Jennifer Estep (Got really boring)

Oh and J.D. Robb I had to stop reading because it's just tooo gory and too much of a police procedural. I really don't do serial killers or thrillers even in romantic suspense anymore.

Maybe this is why I read alot of historicals these days. I don't want to deal anything dark or has alot of death in it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #1864
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Blossom have you tried D.B. Reynolds Vampires in America series? One of my favorites, it's on my catch up list.

The earlier books in Lynsay Sands Argeneau series were kinda funny if you like the Kerrelyn Sparks books.

Last edited by apesmom; 01-16-2019 at 09:49 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #1865
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Blossom have you tried D.B. Reynolds Vampires in America series? One of my favorites, it's on my catch up list.

The earlier books in Lynsay Sands Argeneau series were kinda funny if you like the Kerrelyn Sparks books.
Not yet but it's on my TBR list. Lynsay's vampires were my first and I really need to go back to it. I'm on Thomas' book. The accidental vampire was too ridiculous for me which is why I stopped reading it but it's been a very long break.

Kerrelyn Sparks are my happy vamps. I just love the family aspect of the series. Everyone is one big happy family. Her new series is fantasy which doesn't appeal to me.
Advert
Old 01-17-2019, 01:23 AM   #1866
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Blossom, I looked through my list and I have a couple of suggestions for you. I figured you probably would prefer series in which the paranormals are not "out" in the real world. That way the setting doesn't feel too far off of normal.

1) Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians series. I've read 5 or 6 of these and really enjoy them. I keep meaning to catch up. Each book has a good, strong romance and the world building has some similarities to Lara Adrian's series.

2) Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series. I don't know if you've ever read her Mackenzies historical series (ie, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie). If you have and you liked it, you'd probably like these. The first book or two seem pretty uncomplicated, but she's now around 10-12 books in and keeps building up this world.

3) Molly Harper's Naked Werewolf series starting with How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf. These have cutesy covers and look humorous, but actually they are more serious. I liked this series more than her Jane Jameson one.

4) Paige Tyler's SWAT series. This one features a Dallas SWAT team that is composed of werewolves. They are getting to be a bit similar, but still fun to read and I really like the blend of action and romance. I'm not at all into romantic suspense and these definitely feel more like romance than suspense. She has another series featuring shifters called the X-Op series, but I tried one of those and it felt more like romantic suspense, so I didn't continue with it.

5) Sara Humphreys' Dead in the City series which features mainly vamps. She also has a shifters series, The Amoveo Legend, which I haven't tried yet.

I might have recommended one or all of these in the past - if so, sorry for repeating myself. Also, all of these series are through bigger publishers so there's at least a chance that you can find some of them at your library.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #1867
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I don't know if anyone is interested but Harlequin Nocturne author Linda Thomas-Sundstrom is starting a traveling book club.

Quote:
Calling all readers... A friend has set up a "traveling book form" for me.... (link here). One book will be passed around from person to person.... That book is CODE WOLF (in print). Signing the form means you'd like to participate and agree to pass the book on after you've read it. Wanna give it a go?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...nxwLA/viewform

Link to Facebook post on her author page.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #1868
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
One of today's Amazon daily deals is The Thief by J.R. Ward for $2.99
Amazon | Kobo
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #1869
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Boy (Bayou Breaux #3) by Tami Hoag (C-/2 stars)
  • Matching Wits by Carla Neggers (B/4 stars)
  • The Queen's Gambit (Rogue Queen #1) by Jessie Mihalik (A-/5 stars)
  • Bad Keys (Pianos Wild #1) by JB Curry (B-/3 stars)
  • Dancing Season Carla Neggers (F/1 star)
  • Finding Abigail (Holiday, Montana #3) by Carrie Ann Ryan (D-/deleted)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-20.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	169185  

Last edited by library addict; 01-20-2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #1870
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

[1] Beyond the Night (The Heroes of New Vegas Book 1) - Colleen Gleason

-Science Fiction Romance (with Post-Apocalyptic/Time Travel elements)
-Originally published by Avon, 2010
(In 2010, Released as: Beyond the Night (Envy Chronicles Book 1) by Joss Ware)

Amazon US---Google Play---Not Free at Kobo US---Not Free at Amazon UK/Canada/Australia

[2] Star Crossed: 7 Novels of Space Exploration, Alien Races, Adventure, and Romance

Amazon US---Amazon Canada---Amazon Australia---Kobo US---Google Play---Not Free at Amazon UK

Includes:
Quote:
1) Hurricane Moon - Alexis Glynn Latner
-Science Fiction Romance / Romantic SF
-Originally published by PYR/Prometheus, 2007

2) The Key - Pauline Baird Jones
-Science Fiction Romance

3) The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy - Greta van der Rol
-Science Fiction Romance

4) Overload Flux - Carol Van Natta
-Science Fiction Romance

5) Blood Will Tell - Christine Pope
-Science Fiction Romance

6) Archangel Down - C. Gockel
-Science Fiction with some Romance

7) Star Nomad - Lindsay Buroker
-Science Fiction
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #1871
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

[2] Star Crossed: 7 Novels of Space Exploration, Alien Races, Adventure, and Romance

Amazon US---Amazon Canada---Amazon Australia---Kobo US---Google Play---Not Free at Amazon UK

Includes:
Quote:
4) Overload Flux - Carol Van Natta
-Science Fiction Romance
For what it's worth, I enjoyed Van Natta's story enough to buy the next 3 (and the next is supposed to come out soon).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #1872
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
For what it's worth, I enjoyed Van Natta's story enough to buy the next 3 (and the next is supposed to come out soon).
Seconding this. I loved Overload Flux. I haven't read the following books yet, but that's due to my towering TBR mountain, not due to lack of interest.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:15 PM   #1873
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Blossom, I looked through my list and I have a couple of suggestions for you. I figured you probably would prefer series in which the paranormals are not "out" in the real world. That way the setting doesn't feel too far off of normal.

Spoiler:
1) Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians series. I've read 5 or 6 of these and really enjoy them. I keep meaning to catch up. Each book has a good, strong romance and the world building has some similarities to Lara Adrian's series.

2) Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series. I don't know if you've ever read her Mackenzies historical series (ie, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie). If you have and you liked it, you'd probably like these. The first book or two seem pretty uncomplicated, but she's now around 10-12 books in and keeps building up this world.

3) Molly Harper's Naked Werewolf series starting with How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf. These have cutesy covers and look humorous, but actually they are more serious. I liked this series more than her Jane Jameson one.

4) Paige Tyler's SWAT series. This one features a Dallas SWAT team that is composed of werewolves. They are getting to be a bit similar, but still fun to read and I really like the blend of action and romance. I'm not at all into romantic suspense and these definitely feel more like romance than suspense. She has another series featuring shifters called the X-Op series, but I tried one of those and it felt more like romantic suspense, so I didn't continue with it.

5) Sara Humphreys' Dead in the City series which features mainly vamps. She also has a shifters series, The Amoveo Legend, which I haven't tried yet.

I might have recommended one or all of these in the past - if so, sorry for repeating myself. Also, all of these series are through bigger publishers so there's at least a chance that you can find some of them at your library.
Thank you so much! I pretty much have all of these and so far I tried Immortal Guardian series got stuck on the first book but it was right after Venom's book so that's probably why. You just can't switch gears after reading a GH novel so quickly. Nothing compares. I started Pride Mates and got stuck but don't remember why, I think it was after Chicagoland Vampires so that's probably why. SWAT series read the first book and loved it several years back plan to read the second someday. I have not tried Humphrey's books though I have them all due to her big giveaway.

Right now I'm reading Kathryn Le Veque's The Crusader which is a paranormal in its own right not exactly a time travel but sorta. Time Travel romance as you may remember was really popular in the late 80s/90s and with the exception of Outlander kind fell out of fashion. I recently found my first time travel novel I read at the Library for a quarter in pretty good shape too.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:07 AM   #1874
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

[1] Beyond the Night (The Heroes of New Vegas Book 1) - Colleen Gleason

-Science Fiction Romance (with Post-Apocalyptic/Time Travel elements)
-Originally published by Avon, 2010
(In 2010, Released as: Beyond the Night (Envy Chronicles Book 1) by Joss Ware)

Amazon US---Google Play---Not Free at Kobo US---Not Free at Amazon UK/Canada/Australia

Includes:
Thank you for the info and the recommendations, it goes to my cart
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:41 AM   #1875
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Blossom,

I know you don't care for steampunk so Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series is out. But have you tried her The Guardian series? I haven't read it, but a number of my friends who read UF have and enjoyed it. FWIW, I think they are all romances with different couples and not UF following the same couple across books.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote