Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Touch screen technology in new Sony Readers: zForce from Neonode

I've posted it before in some of the threads, but now we have a press release with more details:

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Neonode Inc. (NEON.OB), the leading provider of optical touch screen solutions for hand-held and small to midsize devices, today announced that Sony has launched its new product line of Sony Readers, which uses Neonode´s optical touch screen technology that has been customized for Sony. For more information: http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/58295.html.

Neonode’s patented touch screen technology, zForce™, supports high resolution pen writing in combination with market leading finger navigation including gestures, multi-touch, sweeps and much more. zForce™ uses no overlay (like resistive and capacitive touch screens) on top of the e-ink display thus creating a 100% clear window free from reflexes and parallax effects and produces a true paper like experience.

“We are very pleased to announce the most recent successful deployment of our zForce™ touch screen solution,” said Thomas Eriksson, CEO of Neonode Technologies AB. “Our zForce™ touch screen with fast, accurate, low power and high resolution pen support in combination with full finger support will greatly improve the user and reader experience.”

Neonode offers touch solutions that are more cost effective than any other high performance touch solution in the market today. zForce™ incorporates the functionality and performance features of traditional touch solutions like resistive and capacitive. zForce™ supports high resolution pen input, multi-finger touch, gestures like zooming combined with superior picture quality. zForce™ also reduces the power consumption for low power devices creating long standby/operation time. zForce™ is currently being integrated into several products such as mobile phones, mobile internet devices, e-books, digital picture frames and tablet PC’s.

Please visit our web site at www.neonode.com or contact

Thomas Eriksson, CEO of Neonode Technologies AB
thomas.eriksson@neonode.com
Tel: +46 8 667 17 17
Mobile: +46 708 521 337

David Brunton, CFO of Neonode, Inc.
david.brunton@neonode.com
Tel: +1 925 768-0620

About Neonode Technologies

Neonode Inc is the leading provider of optical touch screen solutions for hand-held and small to midsize devices. Neonode is offering software licenses and engineering design services that enable companies to make high functionality touch screens at a low cost. zForce is the name of Neonode’s proprietary patented touch screen technology. Neonode Technologies AB, a wholly owned subsidiary of Neonode, Inc., has its base in Stockholm, Sweden. Neonode Inc is listed on the OTCBB under the symbol NEON.OB.

Forward-Looking Statements

This news release contains certain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding future products and technology developments. Such statements are only predictions and the company's actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the ability of Neonode to develop and sell new products and technologies. These factors and others are more fully discussed in the documents the company files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly, the company's most recent Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Neonode and the Neonode logo are registered trademarks of Neonode Inc.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Thanks for posting this - there seem to be a lot of questions about what kind of touchscreen these new readers have.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Thanks Igor, makes me want to buy the PRS-650 to replace my PRS-600.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If only the Daily Edition was larger I'd be already pre-ordering one.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
It's not about how large it is, it's what you do with it that matters
Joking aside, I'm with you here half way. I wish PRS950 were a bit bigger, but I'm buying one anyway.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If it had a standard ratio, I would get even 7".
astra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony, touch screen, zforce