Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #181
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
The flattering reviews at Smashwords are piling up, including ones by our very own banjobama and darylbrayman. Go check it out!
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #182
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Since we're about to hit 3400 views on this insane, but shameful, thread of ours, I'm offering my book at the shame-filled price of FREE for the next 24 hours!

It's 5 stars at Amazon, 5 stars at Smashwords!

"Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future"
- New York Times Bestselling Author, Margaret Weis.

"David H. Burton is a dark new talent in the genre. This one will make you leave the lights on for a week!" - USA Today Bestseller, Cathy Clamp.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9326

This is a mobileread.com special only!! Go get it!!

Coupon code: MZ54S

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-22-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #183
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I seem to have messed up the price change process over at Amazon and it is taking quite some time for Barnes and Noble to catch up with the new price. So why not just bring back the ninety-nine cent coupon for another week while all that gets sorted out?

CU67Y will get you Boomerang for just $.99 at Smashwords now through March 30. By that time the regular price should have sorted itself out.

Check out the reviews on Smashwords and Amazon. Folks like this book!
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #184
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I wasn't going to do another shameless promotion of The House of Jacquarelle (the Kestral Voyages) here, but... well, it's just not selling fast enough! I mean, I've got taxes to pay in another few weeks! My car needs a transmission job! My medical tests aren't covered by my insurance! I have to buy new accessories for my cellphone! My cat is in the early stages of kidney failure! My wife wants to re-garden the backyard! My psoriasis is proving resistant to off-the-shelf shampoos! And do you know how expensive DVRs are these days?

C'mon, help me out! I'm shamelessly begging, here! Look, look, I'm on one knee! No, two knees... groveling like a worm, a pathetic worm!!

Besides, it's only $1.99. That's less than 2 whole bucks!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #185
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had a little coaxing from my fairy godmother here on MobileRead...so I am here to present my two romantic suspense novels. (drumroll please)

Available on Smashwords and pretty much any format your heart desires for $1.99

VICTORY COVE http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274

Megan Summers thought that she was safe in the remote coastal village of Victory Cove, but today a stranger appeared on her doorstep. Was he her executioner?

A cryptic letter from a woman who came forward after thirty-five years, claiming to be his Mother brought Jake Grogan to Victory Cove. He was here to discover his past. Megan Summers was in Victory Cove to escape hers.

WIDOW'S TALE -http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3352

Every night Serena Murphy stands on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law. The separation was to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, to discover the truth about Alan's death.
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #186
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Maureen, I had purchased all 3 of your books for my mom. I loaded one on her Reader for their trip, and she said she loved it. So, I will be loading the other 2 to her Reader for their trip during the Easter break.

Thanks for popping in for some "shameless" plugging.

Steve, Whoop, whoop!! K3 is here and ready. Time to pop over and download. Thanks
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #187
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I've never seen such shameless plugging in my life.

I'M ENCOURAGED!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #188
davidhburton
Addict

It was beautiful. I'm so proud (err, ...ashamed)
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #189
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dreams, your Mother has it so good!!! She has a great daughter who keeps feeding her books I know how much your Mom reads. She could probably single-handedly solve all the worlds crises!!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #190
davidhburton
Addict

Hey, check this out!

I'm now in the Top 10 Atheism books at Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers..._kinc_1_5_last
Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #191
MaMiller
Author

Congratulations David!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #192
davidhburton
Addict

Yeah, it's pretty exciting!! ... I am so ashamed of myself.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #193
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMiller View Post
Dreams, your Mother has it so good!!! She has a great daughter who keeps feeding her books I know how much your Mom reads. She could probably single-handedly solve all the worlds crises!!
She keeps me busy loading and maintaining her Reader (she has no desire to learn how to do it herself... I suspect that is because her daughter is willing to do it for her). Don't ask me how, but this last trip she couldn't get back to the collection menu, so she read all the books in alphabetical order. (at least it made it easier for me when I typed in the books to her spreadsheet of books read)

This last trip she read 98 ebooks and about 50 pbooks! I had loaded some of the genres I liked on her Reader, and she left notes that she DL (didn't like) them. This would be soooo much nicer if we liked the same books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Hey, check this out!

I'm now in the Top 10 Atheism books at Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers..._kinc_1_5_last
Congratulations, David! I'm about 1/4 the way through your book and loving it. It is all the more interesting to me, as it isn't like other post apocalyptic books I've read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #194
davidhburton
Addict

Thanks! Glad to hear it! My hope was to make this as open to as many different reading types as I could. But then, that's been the problem with getting it into the hands of big publishers. They don't know where to slot it. (not to mention most thought it "too risky".)
Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #195
MaMiller
Author

I don't know, Dreams. A spreadsheet! You're going to have to start charging administrative fees!

And if I may just make a general note about this thread. This is the friendliest group of 'shameless' pluggers I've ever seen.
I've seen cutthroat, avarice pluggers before. You know them...the "Read my book or I'll sit at the foot of your bed every night and stare at you so you have nightmares" type of posts. They end up just making me uneasy.

This is a happy place! With happy readers and happy authors Yeay us!!

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo