Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
acm_reader
acm_reader began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Hey there mobile read community!

As with others - two firsts in one! First ever post on this forum, and first ever post of any forum. EVER. Looking forward to picking your brains about books, readers, views on metadata and DRM etc etc.
Cheers!
acm_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, acm_reader.

Lots of info here, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Here is a page to get your started.......

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
acm_reader
acm_reader began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Thanks desertgrandma will take some time and find my way round - have some Karma!
acm_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Welcome to the acm. Proud PRS-600 owner here, and I love it.

Readers are becoming a really hot item. I am kinda scared though that one day my future great grandson will look at me and ask me "what was a book?"
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Welcome to the acm. Proud PRS-600 owner here, and I love it.

Readers are becoming a really hot item. I am kinda scared though that one day my future great grandson will look at me and ask me "what was a book?"
If you are alive then.....he won't have a chance to, because I'm sure you'll have been reading to him from one, right?

No way can ebook readers replace the printed page for babies and children.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you are alive then.....he won't have a chance to, because I'm sure you'll have been reading to him from one, right?

No way can ebook readers replace the printed page for babies and children.........
I hope not. The little ankle biters tend to spit up a lot and have sticky booger fingers. I would hate to see my Sony PRS 10000000 molested in such manner.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Indeed - they wouldn't be as good for teething with, and I'm sure they wouldn't taste as nice as the cardboard covers...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi acm_reader and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote