Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Angry BOB Nightmares and Dreamscapes - $3.68

Am a little annoyed that I pre-purchased this book by Stephen King only a few days ago, and had to wait until release date to download - at a price of $6.99. Fair enough at the time - I like Stephen King, and $6.99 is not a bad book price (much cheaper than in UK).

Now, Stephen King is on the Daily Steal at 25% off list price - which is fair enough - but if you were to take 25% of the original price it would be $5.25

So how come only a day or two after release they have dropped the price to $3.68 ....... next time I will just wait for release rather than pre-purchasing.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I just noticed there is a load of new release or soon to be released ebooks for $3.68. I just bought 3 of them(2 are released on July 7). Must be some sort of a promotion.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

The nice folks at BOB responded to my email within 10 minutes and have credited the difference I paid in rewards $ - and admitted their marketing dept were a bit off doing such a discount ....
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
suecsi
Rock Chick

That would make sense, though its not advertised anywhere. Maybe they are gearing up for a 4th July sale like most US stores?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Am a little annoyed that I pre-purchased this book by Stephen King only a few days ago, and had to wait until release date to download - at a price of $6.99. Fair enough at the time - I like Stephen King, and $6.99 is not a bad book price (much cheaper than in UK).

Now, Stephen King is on the Daily Steal at 25% off list price - which is fair enough - but if you were to take 25% of the original price it would be $5.25

So how come only a day or two after release they have dropped the price to $3.68 ....... next time I will just wait for release rather than pre-purchasing.
The reason to pre-purchase any product is guarantee you will get the product on it's release date since most product have a limited stock. With eBooks there is no such concept as limited stock. There is no reason at all to pre-purchase an eBook, unless there is a promo going on.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Thanks for the heads up on that suecsi. Just downloaded it from BoB.

£8 at Waterstones.
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought it at BooksOnBoard in ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Darn. Price went back to $6 just as I was about to check out. Delaying my purchase hoping price will go down again.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote