Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #46
pjeanetta
pjeanetta began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
@GeoffC: yes, it has put "default" fonts

@ser1us: if I remember correct, you turn it off, and then press "-" and powerbutton together.. Unfortunately, I lost e-mail from support where the procedure was written
pjeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #47
ser1us
Enthusiast
ser1us doesn't litterser1us doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen3
@pjeanetta

thanks for your hint, but that doesn't work well I think I tried everything now, but nothing worked , so I still have to wait for bookeen to provide me the kernel_update file
ser1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1us View Post
@pjeanetta

thanks for your hint, but that doesn't work well I think I tried everything now, but nothing worked , so I still have to wait for bookeen to provide me the kernel_update file
Did you recreate the directories yourself and then put the system stuff in the appropriate directories?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #49
ser1us
Enthusiast

@jswolf, i created these folders: Fonts, Pictures, Music, eBooks and copied the given system folder with its content to the internal memory. Then I put the user manual from bookeen into eBooks (I should see it in the library even when I can't read it). But, nothing there.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #50
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
You won't see all the files, only those that Cybook can open...

Edit : Did you try a PDF ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #51
ser1us
Enthusiast

nope, i see the files, as excample I see a black icon with "pcr" in the right corner if I copy a mobi file. If I click on it an error message appears. But I see the pcr file. And that's why I tried. Now I copied a pdf file and tried that, but this doesn't work either.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you try putting an ePub file into internal memory to try and open that?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #53
ser1us
Enthusiast

yeah, just tried it. no chance...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #54
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
yeah, just tried it. no chance...
can you still read, though, from the SD card ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #55
ser1us
Enthusiast

yep, the sd card works fine, but with the new firmware you have to use adobe digital editions to buy books and digital editions doesn't recognize the device anymore...
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #56
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
yep, the sd card works fine, but with the new firmware you have to use adobe digital editions to buy books and digital editions doesn't recognize the device anymore...
That's really a bummer. Hopefully Bookeen will react quickly and help you with your problem. Sorry we couldn't help a lot with those system files.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #57
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjeanetta View Post
@GeoffC: yes, it has put "default" fonts
With my 1.2 build 834 version (out-of-the-box) there weren't any default fonts in the Fonts directory, but the 3 default fonts worked normally. So these must be used directly from system ROM.
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #58
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Oh crap !
You need ADE to actually buy epub books ? That's a serious anoyance given that ADE is not linux compatible.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #59
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Oh crap !
You need ADE to actually buy epub books ? That's a serious anoyance given that ADE is not linux compatible.
The conclusion must then be that they do not want to sell to Linux users so then it does not matter if you download the book from somewhere...

On the other hand you do not want to buy DRM infested books anyway.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
On the other hand you do not want to buy DRM infested books anyway.
I would like too. But lots of the intersting book are with drm's...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote