Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 12-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Irving, Washington: Old Christmas, v.1, 14 Dec 2008

The complete title is Old Christmas: From the Sketch Book of Washington Irving. This 1886 edition contains five short stories with over a hundred illustrations by Randolph Caldecott.

From Wikipedia:
Washington Irving (April 3, 1783 – November 28, 1859) was an American author, essayist, biographer and historian of the early 19th century. He was best known for his short stories "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and "Rip Van Winkle", both of which appear in his book The Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon, Gent.
One of Irving's most lasting contributions to American culture is in the way Americans perceive and celebrate Christmas. In his 1812 revisions to A History of New York, Irving inserted a dream sequence featuring St. Nicholas soaring over treetops in a flying wagon—a creation others would later dress up as Santa Claus [see Book II Chapter V here]. Later, in his five Christmas stories in The Sketch Book [this work], Irving portrayed an idealized celebration of old-fashioned Christmas customs at a quaint English manor, which directly contributed to the revival and reinterpretation of the Christmas holiday in the United States. Charles Dickens later credited Irving as a strong influence on his own Christmas writings, including the classic A Christmas Carol.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Irving_Old Christmas.prc (5.82 MB, 1367 views)

Last edited by vivaldirules; 12-14-2008 at 04:30 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
U be a busy dog today.

Good doggy!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
killa234
killa234 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do you have this work of Irving Washington entitled Tales of a Traveler?
killa234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa234 View Post
I'll convert it post it later today for you.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa234 View Post
I have just posted it for you.
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
lesleyd
lesleyd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Vivaldirules

Just downloaded this onto my Kindle. The illustrations are super! Just about one on every page. Very easy and fun reading. Thanks for adding this title.
lesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyd View Post
Vivaldirules

Just downloaded this onto my Kindle. The illustrations are super! Just about one on every page. Very easy and fun reading. Thanks for adding this title.
You are most welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying it. And welcome to Mobile Read!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Ezra7_10
Ezra7_10 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Vivaldirules

How did you get it to show up on your Kindle? I couldn't!
Ezra7_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra7_10 View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Ezra7_10! I'm sorry you're having problems. I don't have a clue since I don't have a Kindle. But let me suggest that you go here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140 and then go to the bottom of the page on the left and click on "New Thread" and post your question. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
lesleyd
lesleyd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra7_10 View Post
Ezra

Not sure what method you used, but I keep a fairly current copy of MobileRead's guide on my Kindle and mostly use it to download directly to my Kindle via Whispernet.

If you want, you can also download the file to your PC and use your USB cord to transfer the file to your Download directory of your Kindle.

For Kindle, you need the .prc files from this site. You cannot view them on your PC to my knowledge. Just on the Kindle itself.

Also, look thru your Main Menu carefully. Frequently the title is not exactly the title of the book as it reads on MobileRead.
lesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #11
Ezra7_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Ezra7_10! I'm sorry you're having problems. I don't have a clue since I don't have a Kindle. But let me suggest that you go here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140 and then go to the bottom of the page on the left and click on "New Thread" and post your question. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
Ezra7_10

Quote:
Ezra

Not sure what method you used, but I keep a fairly current copy of MobileRead's guide on my Kindle and mostly use it to download directly to my Kindle via Whispernet.

If you want, you can also download the file to your PC and use your USB cord to transfer the file to your Download directory of your Kindle.

For Kindle, you need the .prc files from this site. You cannot view them on your PC to my knowledge. Just on the Kindle itself.

Also, look thru your Main Menu carefully. Frequently the title is not exactly the title of the book as it reads on MobileRead.
I had downloaded the file to my PC and used my USB cord, since I am presently out of the States right now. And I did download the .prc file. But for some reason, it didn't show up. Will try again and see. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
Ezra7_10

I found out the problem. I downloaded the file, but didn't put it under "Documents." Now all show up fine. Thanks again!

Tags
christmas