Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
FX File Explorer on kindle Fire?

I recently bought one of the $50 Kindle Fires. I want to put a file manager app on it but am more interested in FX (NextApp) over the Amazon sanctioned ES . Anyone here using it on their Fire? Is it even possible?
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I have ES and Astro on my Fire, but FX should work fine I would think. You'd just need to get the APK (easy using APK Downloader or other methods) and enable unknown sources in order to sideload it. Or sideload the Google Apps and use the Play store directly from the Fire (you'd have to do this if you want to try and use the paid Plus add on for FX).

EDIT: According to the FX dev thread on XDA you can also get the APK from the archive here...
http://android.nextapp.com/fx/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #3
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Thank you. I'll try tackling this tomorrow. Do I need a file manager installed to do this?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
jezebel
Fanatic

hmmmm..... I must be doing something wrong. Either I need to actually install the ES File Explorer (which I was trying to avoid doing) in order to install the one I really want to use
Or I'm misunderstanding something. Will have to work on it later when I have more time.

Last edited by jezebel; 12-17-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
jezebel
Fanatic

Did it, using the APK Downloader method. Thanks!

The problem I was having was that I was putting it on the SD card and it wasn't being seen there without a file manager.
Advert