Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Amazon offering free Superman comic for Kindle

First-time subscribers to the Amazon Comics Newsletter will receive a code via email. The code will allow them to get Superman #1 from the New 52 line. They've got a link to the issue there, but don't buy it until you get the code.

It's a bird. It's plane. It's Superlink.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This one is also free:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool. I haven't read any comics since Krypto ate Streaky. Bad dog! Bad dog! Oh well. Red kryptonite. What can you do?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Plus, if you go to Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheros and sort by price, low to high, you get a slew of free comics. A lot are samplers but there are more than a few full length comics. Guess I'm going through a second childhood as I'm starting to read superhero comics again.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I wasn't subscribed, so signed up. Nothing happened.

So, I signed up again, thinking it didn't take. Got a msg that I'd already taken advantage of the deal, so no promo code would be sent.

;(
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I wasn't subscribed, so signed up. Nothing happened.

So, I signed up again, thinking it didn't take. Got a msg that I'd already taken advantage of the deal, so no promo code would be sent.

;(
Got that message when I signed up for the first time.

Could be a glitch in the system. Might give Amazon a call later.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'll try that, as well, probably later tonight.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Got that message when I signed up for the first time.

Could be a glitch in the system. Might give Amazon a call later.
I got the same message! I wondered if I'd signed up before and forgot about it, but if the same thing has happened to others...
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
lifer109
lifer109 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard and now Nook HD+
This one showed up under free a bit ago.
http://www.amazon.com/Superman-201-B...074662&sr=1-44

Enjoy!
John
lifer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
glnnjnsn
Enthusiast
glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nook Simple Touch
There's at least one at B&N that's free as well:

Man of Steel All-Star Superman #1 by Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely

update: looks like this is only the first chapter in a longer graphic novel

Last edited by glnnjnsn; 06-12-2013 at 06:26 PM.
glnnjnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Plus, if you go to Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheros and sort by price, low to high, you get a slew of free comics. A lot are samplers but there are more than a few full length comics. Guess I'm going through a second childhood as I'm starting to read superhero comics again.
Look at the list prices and you'll realize those things aren't for kids.
Even kid-friendly titles come with ironic and fourth-wall metatext.

Anybody weaned on Silver Age (or even 80's Byrne reboot) Superman is in for a shock with the NEW 52/Wildstormed version. Clark looking a lot like a grunge Harry Potter, Lois shacking up with a globetrotting correspondent, Clark dating Lois's sister, Lucy, and sharing his apartment with Jimmy Olsen...
And the costume isn't any kind of tights but rather advanced kryptonian body armor. Oh, and Jor-el is still a kryptonian scientific genius but Lara is a kickass commando really good at blowing things up.

Let's say they've not been afraid to experiment.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by glnnjnsn View Post
There's at least one at B&N that's free as well:

Man of Steel All-Star Superman #1 by Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely

update: looks like this is only the first chapter in a longer graphic novel
Yes, much longer. And it is an out-of-continuity variant interpretation.
Not representative of any other Superman series.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
Fluribus
Guru

After I signed up, I got an email "You subscribed to the Amazon Comics Newsletter." The email had a code and a link to the page to enter the code. I pasted the code. It was accepted.

Same page had a link to the comic. Clicked link. Clicked buy. Received email receipt. Price minus Promotion = Free.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #14
Fluribus
Guru

I've gotta say that I'm really glad I didn't pay for these. Kindle for Android app doesn't zoom panels to the full screen. Makes them much to small on a 7" screen. Zooming the page and panning isn't allowed. A two-page image shows up really small since tablet rotation is locked out.

Glad I found this out without being out any cash.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Fortunately I tried the link for the nook download and it works well on my Hd+.
I also had first tried the kindle download and it was an unhappy experience on my kindle.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote