Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
neufsix
Connoisseur
neufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheese

Device: Archos A70 eReader, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T2
How do I start on the cover image?

Hi !

I want my mobi file to open on the cover image. How can I do that? All my epubs start on the cover page and I want the same for the mobi files. What should I write in the <guide> section of my opf file?

Since I code by hand, I don't want to use any software.

Thanks
neufsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by neufsix View Post
Hi !

I want my mobi file to open on the cover image. How can I do that? All my epubs start on the cover page and I want the same for the mobi files. What should I write in the <guide> section of my opf file?

Since I code by hand, I don't want to use any software.

Thanks
AFAIK, you need to declare the "COVER" HTML with a "type=text" in the <guide> something like below:

Code:
<guide>
    <reference href="Text/cover.xhtml" title="Cover" type="cover" />
    <reference href="Text/xxxxxx.xhtml" title="toc" type="toc" />
    <reference href="Text/cover.xhtml" title="Start" type="text" />
</guide>
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
neufsix
Connoisseur
neufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheese

Thank you, it works !
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
some advanced stuff
how and where do I add these lines
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #5
neufsix
Connoisseur

in the opf file
Advert