Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
sigster
sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch upgrade ver 5.1.0 Problem

Hi hope someone can help me with this Please.

I have Kindle Touch and I upgrade into Version 5.1.0
Know the font on the main screen are so small I need glasses to read it
I cannot turn in off into sleep mode
and
if I try to charge the Kindle I get this error
Currently your Kindle is not charging
the light is yellow

before I upgrade the battery was in 50%

I think the version before was 5.0.1
I cannot reinstall 5.1.0 Update your Kindle is gray

if I try Social Network I get error
Unable to start Application

hard restart work but don't fix this
reset in the menu and Reset Device don't fix this

it is not jailbreak ,

Regards
Sigster

Last edited by sigster; 04-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
sigster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
sigster
sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

I upgrade my Kindle manually it did not went well to many problem
I contackt Amazon in chat and one person there did try to help me
and he was gone concakt me know it is week a go so I went to the chat to day
and the message I did get in the chat is I need to contact whe shop I buy the kindle from
and the guy disconnect the chat , No help there about firmware upgrade problem from amazon
if you don't buy from www.amazon.com

so if you did not buy your Kindle from amazon
then wait for the upgrade by WIFI

but I still have problem
and was hoping someone here can help me how I can fix the firmware upgrade Please

Last edited by sigster; 04-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Install 5.0.0 main kernel and main partition, then try the firmware update again. Read this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
sigster

Thanks geekmaster will try this
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
sigster

There can I get mmcblk0p2.img.gz
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigster View Post
There can I get mmcblk0p2.img.gz
There is a link to a pastebin.com page that contains URLs for the files. You want the one with SSH in its name.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote