Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
hdillow
hdillow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Books in Docs category of Kindle Fire

Hello, I am new to Calibre and have only attempted converting books a few times. Each time I send the book to my Kindle Fire it gets put in the Docs section. Ive searched everywhere for a solution on how to switch it to the book library. Could anyone please help me with this? THANK YOU!
hdillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The following is guaranteed to work:

1) In Preferences -> Output options -> MOBI output. There is a "Personal doc tag" set it to blank (delete [PDOC] or whatever is there now).
2) Do a MOBI to MOBI conversion.
3) Send the file to your Fire with send to device.

Note that if you e-mail a MOBI to Amazon for the Fire, it will always end up in the Docs app.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert