Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Trask
Trask began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-T1
Slip Case and Light Cover

After reading a lot of reviews here I took the plunge and ordered a T1 with the sony light cover.

As it has no magnets to keep the case closed, and dust is a constant problem for me (I'm forced to read in some fairly rough conditions), I'm considering buying the sony slip case.

Anyone know if the T1 + light cover will fit inside this thing? It says it's compatible with the T1, but I'm not sure if that's the T1 without any cover.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I spent quite a while searching and couldn't find anything.

Trask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
I have no idea. If you click on the Specifications tab, it gives the measurements of the slip case. You might try looking up the measurements for the light cover and possibly make a reasonable determination whether or not it would fit. That's what I did when I decided to go with the Medium size version of this padded pouch from Tom Bihn. The Small sounded like it would be too small, and while the Medium is a little oversized, it's not too bad and will probably serve it's purpose as extra padding while it rides around in a messenger bag during an upcoming trip.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0318
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
I tried my T1 in my zip case PRSACP65L. It will fit only by itself without the lighted cover.

I use the zip case PRSACP95B (Reader Daily Edition) for my T1 and lighted cover. They fit snug, just enough room to zip the case.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
I got that case on clearance thinking I could use it for my 350. I have the regular case for the 350 and wanted extra protection when traveling. It fits well.

Never used it much, so when I got my T1, I held off getting a regular case and have been using this zip case.

The T1 fits fine, but wouldn't with another case on the T1, especially not the lighted case. My K3 won't fit in it either, the K3 hangs out the end 1/2 inch.

You might be better off to look for a 7" tablet zip case.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Ah I didn't know about that case. gunbad, you say it fits snug? Maybe there's a store around where I can try it. The local Best Buy didn't have it.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Trask
Trask began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-T1
Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately, I'm in Australia, and can't seem to find that case anywhere. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
Trask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, light, prs-t1, slip case