Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
rvcullen
rvcullen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Problems conecting to wifi

I have the PE with ermine release and have issues with my wifi trying to connect a lot. Anyone have this problem at all. I have tried connecting to my home secured network, as well as my jobs public unsecured network with the same results.
It will scan and find them fine, then tries to connect, says"obtaining IP address", and then says disconnected.
It repeats this a good few times until it either connects finally, or it disables the connection network and I have to try to reconnect.

I am also trying the wifi fixer program which seemed to make it connect faster, but now it doesn't do much for me. it occasionally shuts down too.
rvcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I have this problem sometimes. It appears to be an Android/router problem, not just with the egde. http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Samsun...ue/td-p/562247
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
larka
larka began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
not have this problem

I had Dingo on PE for 3 weeks and got connected in a snap everywhere. On ermine since last night connected to home secure network and work public network (authorize through browser) just fine.
larka is offline   Reply With Quote