Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #526
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Jamadams
Make sure you test to see if the plugin is actually working even if it doesn't "appear" to successfully register. Mine worked this way. If not, check the apps setting under your goodreads profile and see if you have any entries for "no application". If so, you may need to remove this and do the registration process again.
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #527
jamadams
Connoisseur
jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-505, 600 & Librié
There is nothing listed under my authorised apps section

I'll keep trying though.
jamadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #528
Goldie112299
Goldie112299 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Ok, I have just tried this again today, and now I am seeing the same issues as being reported above. There is nothing in the developer API forums about any changes, nor are any other app developers seeming to report issue with their apps there either. So I'm going to have to look into this as well - please if anyone gets any useful response from goodreads support post it back here.
I tried again 2 days ago and it didn't ask me to authorize but I clicked that I did authorize and it worked. :-D so glad that it was straightened out!
Goldie112299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #529
Goldie112299
Goldie112299 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
I Just read that Amazon is purchasing Goodreads. Not sure what that will hold for the future of things such as this plugin, but it sure makes me nervous!
That really sucks. I love Goodreads! Amazon better not mess it up..... I rely on GR for reviews and opinions way more than Amazon......
Goldie112299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #530
Anvar
Anvar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there an answer to my questions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=511?

I really don't want to do anything to get me banned.

Kind regards,
Peter
Anvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #531
Boxlady
Boxlady began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Hello,

Great work on the plugin I really love it. I do have a suggestion thought. When clicking "sync from self" when then pop up comes up with the list from goodreads, it would be easier if you could short by columns. Like author, title or series.

Thanks again for sharing this

-Julie
Boxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #532
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar View Post
Hello, thanks so much for this wonderful plugin.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer.

1. You say that we should be careful or Goodreads will ban the plugin, but it seems that it is only when adding to shelves on Goodreads. I am currently trying to get my Calibre library under control, and so I am linking to Goodreads. I am not syncing my books to Goodreads, so no adding to shelves. Is this a problem? If so, I'll limit myself to 500 books a day, would that be too many?
If you are only using the link function, that is fine. The issue arises more for people using the sync, add to shelf or tags as shelves features where they are doing very large numbers of books. However linking is done one book at a time, which means you several seconds elapse between each book, which is perfectly acceptable, do as many as you like.
Quote:
2. When linking to Goodreads, I do blocks of 50 books at a time. Sometimes the plugin comes up with more than one result and I have to manually click each one to see what link gets me the most book info. Would it be possible to add format and isbn to the link box, that would make it easier to decide, and would lessen the load on Goodread's servers.
I will have to check what information I have available beyond what is currently presented. If the existing calls I make bring this information back then no issue with adding it to the display. However if the info isn't there and it requires a further call per edition of the book to get it then it definitely won't be added.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #533
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlady View Post
Hello,

Great work on the plugin I really love it. I do have a suggestion thought. When clicking "sync from self" when then pop up comes up with the list from goodreads, it would be easier if you could short by columns. Like author, title or series.

Thanks again for sharing this

-Julie
Hi Julie,

When I next take a look at this plugin I will see what can be done to add this. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been putting development on hold for this plugin for various reasons including waiting for Goodreads to get back to me on their api usage overload issues, but they still haven't.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #534
Anvar
Anvar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Great, thank you very much, I'll get cracking on sorting the library then

And if it's possible to add my suggestions then great, if not, it's no big deal.

Thank you again for this great plugin, Calibre wouldn't be the same without it. I just hope Amazon's acquisition of Goodreads won't mess things up too much...
Anvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #535
Epic_01
Epic_01 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I am trying to get my bookshelves to show as columns in Calbre (like read, to-red, currently reading and etc). Does anyone know how to create custom columns in Calibre using Goodreads shelves?
Epic_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #536
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Capture Goodreads Sync shelf into Custom Column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic_01 View Post
I am trying to get my bookshelves to show as columns in Calbre (like read, to-red, currently reading and etc). Does anyone know how to create custom columns in Calibre using Goodreads shelves?
I have set up a custom column to capture the Goodreads shelf when I sync via Goodreads sync. I then use the Goodreads Sync 'Shelf Add Actions' and 'Sync Actions' to populate this custom column. Once the custom column is setup and populated, it can be used like any other column (displayed, searched on, in scripting, etc).

Here are screen shots of my custom column, and how I am populating it within the Goodreads Sync customize. Note: I only use the standard Goodreads shelves, so I am using a Text column with set values. You can change this to be any other text type if you use others, or just add the extra values you need to the set values of the column. I find using the set values makes it easier to capture when a book is moved to a different shelf.

I have also including a screen shot of my Date Read and My Rating custom columns.

I hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ShelfField.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	104782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DateRead.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	104783   Click image for larger version

Name:	MyRating.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	104784   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodReads.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	104785   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodReadsAdd.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	104786  
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #537
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
I updated to the lastest Calibre since I received my new Aura, Now the plug in disappears after I use it once. I can restart, install again but it disappears again. I have one other plugin in for counting pages that is doing the same thing. Not sure where I was suppose to ask this at.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #538
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
I updated to the lastest Calibre since I received my new Aura, Now the plug in disappears after I use it once. I can restart, install again but it disappears again. I have one other plugin in for counting pages that is doing the same thing. Not sure where I was suppose to ask this at.
Something is blocking your Calibre preferences from being saved.
Did you restore your windows user account recently?
Preferences: Misc.. :

Click the button to open the Configuration Folder

none of the files there should be read only: (right-click: properties)

I think (?) gui.json is the one that stores those settings
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #539
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Something is blocking your Calibre preferences from being saved.
Did you restore your windows user account recently?
Preferences: Misc.. :

Click the button to open the Configuration Folder

none of the files there should be read only: (right-click: properties)

I think (?) gui.json is the one that stores those settings
Well, I think it was having the device connected. Once I disconnected the device they popped back up. Sorry to bother you.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #540
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember there are different menu's displayed; one for no device attached and another for device attached.

Head into Preferences | Interface | Toolbar and you can select what actions to have on each toolbar. Pay attention to The main toolbar and The main toolbar when a device is attached!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads