Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #1
dawog
dawog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (3rd Gen)
Economist - Missing most photos

Just fyi...

Trying to download this week's Economist, but the lead photo in every article is missing. I tried both Economist scripts, and also both the "mobi" and "epub" preferred outputs.

I'm running Calibre v2.81 in a Win7 box. I even reverted back to v2.77 to see if it's Economist scripts could do any better, since they worked last week, but they produce the same output (w/no lead article photos).

Altho' Economist has gone full time to their new web page format, it's been that way for the past several weeks & the script has worked OK (altho' output is a bit different since Economist changed their web site). Apparently they've made some other changes since last week.

I tried 6 times, and I was logged in to the Economist at all times. But... do I need to also put username/password in the Fetch News setup? (I've never done so over the past year or more)

In the multiple "Fetch News Details" that I saved there's lots of "Recursion limit reached. Skipping links in..."

Anyways... just fyi.
dawog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sigh, I wish they'd finish tinkering with their website https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...79dd32ad7305d0
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
dawog
dawog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (3rd Gen)
Wow! I mean "Wow!" It works beautifully now! I had no idea that the recipes were dynamic like that. I thought they were static & went with whatever version of Calibre that was installed, which is why I first tried to add your recipe above as a "Custom News Source." When that didn't work (compile error), I just reran the original Economist recipe & it worked great this time.

Mucho thanks! (and so begins my 'learning about recipes' journey..)

Also, I've sent a donation to Calibre. I'm a longtime user & have donated in the past, but it's definitely been too long.
dawog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economist, recipe