Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
AciJub
AciJub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Bookmarks

I bought a Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX a couple of years ago, and have been extremely happy with it. Unfortunately I managed to break it, and thus bought a new one. Unfortunately this new one is slightly different.

In the old one, if I touched the Bookmark symbol I had the options of setting or clearing a bookmark or going to one of the bookmarks already set (and listed).

In the new one, I can set or clear a bookmark on a page. I AM able to set more than one bookmark on different pages, but if I set a bookmark half way into a book, for example, and I am positioned at the start, I still haven't figured out how to jump to that bookmark. Go to gives me the option of going to Furthest page read or page/location. If I chose the latter, I have to key in the location.

So is it possible from the start of a book, to jump to one of the bookmarks well into the book? If not, it sort of voids the idea behind bookmarks
AciJub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
There are now two relevant symbols as on other Kindles.

The black blob is the set bookmark one

The black blob with a white blob on it is the Notes and bookmarks one which is what you want (View Notes & Marks on an eink Kindle).
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:37 AM   #3
AciJub
AciJub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
There are now two relevant symbols as on other Kindles.

The black blob is the set bookmark one

The black blob with a white blob on it is the Notes and bookmarks one which is what you want (View Notes & Marks on an eink Kindle).
You are a star! Thank you SO much!
AciJub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark kindle fire hdx