Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #91
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Those zero-gravity chairs look very comfortable, but I'm afraid they'd make me so relaxed I'd go to sleep. Then I wouldn't get much reading done.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #92
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Ekornes Stressless Magic

The most comfortable chair I've ever sat in, with a considerable margin. It's not cheap, but it'll last you a couple of decades.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #93
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Ekornes Stressless Magic

The most comfortable chair I've ever sat in, with a considerable margin. It's not cheap, but it'll last you a couple of decades.
Fantastic. At 63, a couple of decades is probably the most I'd need.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #94
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When it's time to chuck it out you'll likely be choosing between whatever chairs are available in the lounge at the old folk's home, so you may as well treat yourself now. That's my own reasoning anyway, although I may have time enough to wear out a couple of IKEA Poengs too before I'm carted off.

For all I know the zero gravity design may be just as comfortable, but the Magic adds stunning looks into the bargain and it'll likely cost about the same.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #95
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is a plus, as the wife does consider the zero-g chairs ugly, but the zero-gravity lawn chair I've used is so comfortable, I can only imagine the real deal must be even better.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-05-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #96
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
This is the first time I've heard about the zero gravity thing (though I have seen those lawn chairs before). Very interesting concept. I want to try it out now.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #97
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
Bought a Poang from Ikea on the strength of this discussion. It is mighty comfortable!
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #98
MissMaple
MissMaple began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Ikea Strandmon, with the footstool!

I saw it and I just had to have it... It is awesome, I can sit in it for days :-) way more comfy than Poang, if you ask me...
MissMaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #99
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I do a lot of reading whilst walking to work..
I know that sounds weird, but it's a 30 minute walk to work on a decent path, so I can navigate pretty easily whilst reading.

Other than that, on our sofa which is pretty comfortable.
I sort of lean back on the arm rest under a duvet and chill out with cushions stacked behind my back for support.

I also read in bed for about 30 minutes to an hour every night so I can wind down enough to get sleepy.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #100
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Ekornes Stressless Magic

The prices of the Ekornes Recliners seems to be a well-kept secret. The only prices I could find were for used recliners on eBay. Could you give me a ball park figure on the one you mentioned? I'd be looking for a large.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #101
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Ekornes Stressless Magic

As soon as I saw that design, I immediately thought of Ikea

(not too far off as to its Nordic origin)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #102
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The prices of the Ekornes Recliners seems to be a well-kept secret. The only prices I could find were for used recliners on eBay. Could you give me a ball park figure on the one you mentioned? I'd be looking for a large.
I paid about $3,000 for mine, with the footstool. They are not cheap. It was custom made, and took about 8 weeks to be delivered.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #103
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

That's even more expensive than the Human Touch Zero Gravity Perfect Chair, and I can't even convince my wife of my need for that!

I think in the end, I'll be settling for something more conventional, less satisfying than either, but definitely more in my price range.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #104
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I paid about $3,000 for mine, with the footstool. They are not cheap. It was custom made, and took about 8 weeks to be delivered.

That's very surprising. The chair pictured in my post is around $2250 here in Norway and I expected it to be less than that in the US, as is almost always the case. Could the $3000 price tag have something to do with yours being custom made?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #105
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
That's very surprising. The chair pictured in my post is around $2250 here in Norway and I expected it to be less than that in the US, as is almost always the case. Could the $3000 price tag have something to do with yours being custom made?
It's been a few years since I made the purchase, and I can't remember the exact price anymore. I believe the chair itself was about $2,200, but the footstool is not included in that price. It needs to be purchased separately, and it wasn't cheap, either.

There were dozens of options for the leather, and a couple of options on the wood, and I suspect there may have been an upcharge for the leather I chose. Also, I remember there being a number of different chair designs, each with its own pricing.

eta: I found the pickup receipt for the chair. I believe I put a downpayment of 50% on it when I ordered, and I think I paid exactly the balance of 50% when I picked it up, so the total was $2860 for both pieces back in 2010. That includes 10% sales tax.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 09-04-2013 at 06:38 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote