Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #901
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Hi,

I have been using Mantano for about a year now and it has been a very pleasant experience. Lately, I'm not sure if it started with the latest Mantano update or the latest update on my tablet (Sony S) - Android 4.02 but in either case, whenever I load a new book, I get a blank cover in the library/bookshelf mode. The cover does show up however when I open the book.

Anybody else run into this problem - Anybody aware of a solution?
I am seeing the same issue with covers using Mantano (full version) after the most recent update. Some covers show, some don't. I don't know why. I also am seeing the back arrow to exit loop where Mantano never exits out to the home screen. I am having to force the program off with the task killer. I am running ICS 4.0.4 on a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 inch. Most all of my covers have disappeared from the library screen on my Samsung Infuse still running Gingerbread, but the backup to exit still works in Gingerbread.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #902
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Using Mantano premium latest update.
Enable animations 'on'
Show page border 'off'

Any dark coloured background (night mode effectively) shows a light coloured edge/line on both sides of the page. If I go into 'edit theme' and back out again (no changes) the dark background then extends the full width of the page - until I exit from the book and re-open at which point the light colour edging is back again. Very distracting.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #903
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Me, see my post on the previous page, except that I only get the white line on the right.
Seems they rushed out a buggy version, then did a quick but incomplete patch.
A good strategy, if the quick patch is followed by a patch that leads to a bugfree (or at least well tested) version again. Some communcation would make sense too.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #904
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
Using Mantano premium latest update.
Enable animations 'on'
Show page border 'off'

Any dark coloured background (night mode effectively) shows a light coloured edge/line on both sides of the page. If I go into 'edit theme' and back out again (no changes) the dark background then extends the full width of the page - until I exit from the book and re-open at which point the light colour edging is back again. Very distracting.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jill
Confirmed.

I don't usually use night mode, so I've not seen this until now.

Motorola Xoom, Jelly Bean.

Added: The white lines are visible with animations turned off as well, but they disappear in night mode when you activate the option to show the fake page borders. Slightly bizarre...

http://community.mantano.com/forums/...ht-view-2-2-1/

Last edited by Adoby; 08-14-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #905
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Sounds like I won't be upgrading yet... I primarily use the night mode and a white line would be highly annoying...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #906
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I posted on the previous page, there is a workabout; enter the themes edit, then leave it and the screen is back to normal. Until the next time.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #907
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The problem with white borders in night mode seems to be resolved soon:

Quote:
Mantano: The bugfix for this will be in the next release, which will be available today or on Thursday.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #908
Jean-Marie
Mantano President&Founder
Jean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the roughJean-Marie is a jewel in the rough

Device: Many, many...
Hello dear all,

Sorry, I cannot reply to everybody now. Just a few words to say that we have just uploaded the latest 2.2.2 upgrade, which should fix many many of the issues discussed there. Once again, thanks a lot for your feedback and for your patience. Even the bug reports about annoying problems were very positive and confident, this helps a lot.

Here is a summary of the changelog for this upgrade:
  • EPUB: image zoom improved with rotation and share option
  • Improved search speed
  • Clicking on ePub images no longer opens the menu
  • Improved: No annoying click can be heard anymore when you turn the pages with the volume keys
  • Bugfixes:
    • ADE synchronization problems fixed
    • TTS when the screen is turned off now correctly turns pages
    • Cover images are correctly generated
    • Search results: words are correctly underlined in the book
    • PDF in reflow mode: highlights do not appear on the following pages anymore
    • It is not possible to import books that were already in the library anymore
    • Fixed: crash when opening some PDFs,
    • No more white borders in ePubs in night mode, ...
The delay between the upload on Google Play and the visibility of the upgrades has become slightly longer than before, I think the upgrade should be visible within ~8 hours.

Of course we stay tuned to your feedback!

Best regards,

Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #909
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Does this update work around my issue with some epub's from Books On Board and Baen not loading?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #910
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Downloaded the new update. All the book covers are back and the night mode is back "full" night. The only issue I continue to have is that the back button is not exiting the program in ICS 4.0.4 on the Galaxy tab 2 . I have to force it closed. Thanks for fixing the book covers and night white flash!
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #911
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmoke53 View Post
The only issue I continue to have is that the back button is not exiting the program in ICS 4.0.4 on the Galaxy tab 2 . I have to force it closed.
+2 - Galaxy tab 7.7 & Galaxy tab 2 10.1 (both on ICS 4.0.4). Other than that I'm a happy camper.
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #912
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marie View Post
[LIST][*]EPUB: image zoom improved with rotation and share option
The problem I'm experiencing is still present in 2.2.2. I can't see the complete image. The image is too large to fit on the screen unless it is reduced in size. Instead of changing the image size so it will fit on the screen, the Mantano reader just cuts off the lower part or the sides of the image. Even when zoomed out it still cuts off the parts that can't display in full size.

When using the Kobo reader, if the images are too large to fit on the screen they are resized (zoomed) so they do fit and the complete image is visible. If they will fit the size is unchanged.

When reading in landscape mode, part of the image still obscures part of the text on the right-hand page.

So I'm looking forward to version 2.2.3 where this is all done correctly.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #913
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
I got impatient waiting to hear more about the beta for Premium last week & so I went ahead & purchased the $2.99 Mantano Essentials instead - it gives you editable themes (and I think a few other things, editing night mode was all I cared about). It does not have all of the additional library filtering & sorting methods that Premium has.

Not sure if/when Mantano plans to next update Essentials, but so far it has been working great on my Nexus 7 as an alternative to the Premium version.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #914
dura
Groupie

I downloaded the newest version; the white line/TOC button problem seems to be resolved, great!
But it is still not possible to edit the night mode of themes, as it used to be.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #915
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post
I downloaded the newest version; the white line/TOC button problem seems to be resolved, great!
But it is still not possible to edit the night mode of themes, as it used to be.
*****NOTE*****
The assumption I made below appears to be untrue, unless there is a bug.

I think that if your are in night mode you will be editing night mode. Conversely, if you are in day mode you will be editing day mode.

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 08-15-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Error
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote