Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Boreads
Boreads began at the beginning.

Device: ZTE Blade, EkenM009s, (both Android)
ZXreader series field - how do I set it using Calibre?

I am using ZXreader and FB2 files converted using Calibre. Each file has, where applicable, series information added to the metadata. ZXreader has fields within 'book info' of sequence and number in sequence but does not show Calibre series info. I have looked at the xml file in notepad but cannot see where ZXreader stores the info. Is there a way of using Calibre and the info already stored to get the Calibre series info showing as the ZXreader sequence data?

Bo
Boreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Boreads
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I don't believe series info is part of the FB2 metadata spec. The closest I can find would be to use the custom-info section in description.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Boreads
Boreads began at the beginning.

Device: ZTE Blade, EkenM009s, (both Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Boreads
many thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I don't believe series info is part of the FB2 metadata spec. The closest I can find would be to use the custom-info section in description.
Looks like I'll have to do all the entries the slow way then - thanks for the quick reply and thanks to everyone for making Calibre such a useful tool.
Boreads is offline   Reply With Quote