Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
cendrillon
cendrillon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Firmware Upgrade Error

Hi,

Got my hands on an older kindle so I can jailbreak and use Collections Manager. IT came with 5.6.1.1 software, and I'm trying to update the firmware to use the above JB in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265675.

According to the serial number (B024), I downloaded the first file from (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=995)

When I add the 5.6.5 bin file to the root, and eject device, I get the following message:

UPDATE ERROR - An invalid update file has been loaded on your device. Please go to www.kindle.com/support to access the Kindle Software Update page or to contact Kindle Customer Service for assistance.

Any insight would be most appreciated!!!
cendrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
B024 is PW1, 5.6.1.1 is the latest version.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #3
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot
WaseemAlkurdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5) Wi-Fi x 2, Kindle (7th Gen, KT2), Paperwhite 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cendrillon View Post
Hi,

Got my hands on an older kindle so I can jailbreak and use Collections Manager. IT came with 5.6.1.1 software, and I'm trying to update the firmware to use the above JB in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265675.

According to the serial number (B024), I downloaded the first file from (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=995)

When I add the 5.6.5 bin file to the root, and eject device, I get the following message:

UPDATE ERROR - An invalid update file has been loaded on your device. Please go to www.kindle.com/support to access the Kindle Software Update page or to contact Kindle Customer Service for assistance.

Can you manage to get to diags somehow?
If not, then you need to crack it open, get a serial cable, solder it, and flash manually (debricking).
WaseemAlkurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cendrillon View Post
. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
B024 is PW1, 5.6.1.1 is the latest version.

Also, the error message is correct.
Update files, ours and Amazons, are "Model Locked" -
Which is why trying to load a PW2 model update file on a physical PW1 results in the message you have received.
(The quote: "Don't do that dummy" message)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Since you have a PW1, you need to follow the jailbreak instructions in this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186645

Hope this helps!

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert