Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #16
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
@Becky

After installing Caliber 4.0, the METAmover_0.0.26 plugin has stopped working (it does not transfer metadata to columns: original title and translation).
Request, can you improve something?

Best regards and thank you
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:15 AM   #17
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
This issue is fixed in master by @kovidgoyal. In next calibre release all should be OK.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #18
bravosx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
This issue is fixed in master by @kovidgoyal. In next calibre release all should be OK.
OK thanks. In that case, I am patiently waiting for the new release.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:11 AM   #19
Klantor
Klantor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've noticed that lubimyczytac.pl changed a lot today. This cause that plugin not work at all.
Now it is needed to have full url (not only bookid) to go to book page. This cause that
https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/4821058 gives 404 error. You need to give whole url (https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/4821058/hobbit)
Klantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 AM   #20
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changes to the website and search engine from October 27, 2019 have meant that the plugin [2.0.34] currently has fewer options than before. The search engine is now much weaker and less friendly.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 10-29-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Advert
Old 11-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #21
bravosx
Connoisseur

@BeckyEbook

Can the plug-in take over the number of pages after recent changes on the 'lubimyczytac' page? It doesn't work for me now. Can you do something about this topic?
Thank you very much for your free time devoted to this topic.

Best regards
bravosx
Old 11-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #22
BeckyEbook
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
Can the plug-in take over the number of pages after recent changes on the 'lubimyczytac' page? It doesn't work for me now.
If the number of pages is not listed on the book page on the LC site, the plugin is powerless. However, if this value exists, it will be fetched.
If it did not happen, give me the title of the book, and I will examine it more closely and try to trace the problem.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #23
keeveek
keeveek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite III
Hello, the plugin doesn't work for me anymore. No matter what book I am searching for, I get no results.

Here's log excerpt.

--- START ---

Title: Kantyczka dla Leibowitza
Authors: [u'Walter Miller']

------------------------------- BEDA PARSOWANE -------------------------------
LubimyCzytac.pl url: u'https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/4896534/ksiazka'
Failed to make details query: u'https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/4896534/ksiazka'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.lubimyczytac.worker", line 70, in get_details
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 238, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 283, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 375, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 363, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\browser.py", line 29, in https_open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1182, in do_open
URLError:
keeveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #24
BeckyEbook
Guru

I can find this book without any problems.
Provide more information: which system, which calibre version?
Old 01-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #25
keeveek

Calibre version is 4.8.0 64bit, lubimyczytac plugin is 2.0.38

I think the problem may be on my part, but this log doesn't say anything useful to me.

Goodreads plugin works fine, on the other hand. Lubimyczytac plugin cannot find any books for me. And it seems it finds the link for the book just fine, but still gives no results.

Also, I never had any problems with this plugin, only when I installed Calibre on my new computer.

Here's full log, if it's going to be any help

https://pastebin.com/Hqn78HCr
Old 01-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #26
BeckyEbook
Guru

Interesting.
It works for me.
Can you try version 2.0.39?

Tested on calibre 4.8/4.99b3.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 01-11-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Removing the beta version.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:35 PM   #27
keeveek

Thanks for the new version. Sadly, it doesn't work for me also. I also tried reinstalling Calibre.

I tried searching for metadata this time with isbn and lubimyczytac ID removed.

Here's the full log:

https://pastebin.com/rd0eRPtq

and the excerpt:
Quote:
****************************** LubimyCzytac (2, 0, 39) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from LubimyCzytac took 0.608000040054
--- START ---

Title: Kantyczka dla Leibowitza
Authors: [u'Walter Miller']

Zapytanie: https://lubimyczytac.pl/szukaj/ksiaz...a%20Leibowitza
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title
No matches found with query: u'https://lubimyczytac.pl/szukaj/ksiazki?phrase=Kantyczka%20dla%20Leibowitza'
looks like it creates the links wrong, using %20 instead of +
But I'm no expert.

Last edited by keeveek; 01-07-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #28
BeckyEbook
Guru

Link with %20 is OK.
Try it yourself in any browser:
https://lubimyczytac.pl/szukaj/ksiaz...a%20Leibowitza

I'm stumped.
I checked on two computers, a total of four versions of calibre – works every time.
It works even if I create an empty book, only with the title.

Maybe some anti-virus or firewall? But this is doubtful since other sources of metadata are working ...

I will think about it, although I have no point of reference and I can't repeat the problem at home. If any new symptom appears, let me know.

EDIT: I just installed calibre on a third computer. I added a plugin and it works.
So I could write: SOA#1*3.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:07 AM   #29
keeveek

Hello, I tried to reproduce the issue on another computer, but the plugin works fine on it.

The only difference between those two machines is that one is installed in default directory and calibre library is located in default location, while on the computer where the plugin doesn't work, it's located on D:\Calibre\Calibre and D:\Calibre\Biblioteka Calibre.

But I don't think it should make any difference
Old 01-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #30
BeckyEbook
Guru

I have a lot of different libraries on many disks and partitions, so it is definitely not a significant element that would help find the cause.

We know this applies to a specific computer.
However, you can check if any background application (anti-virus?) is causing problems. Personally, I always add all folders with libraries to the exceptions (whitelist) – folders that the anti-virus should not check.

Maybe someone else will have an idea?

Tags
improved, lubimyczytac, plugin